14th November 2016, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

Which subject should I choose in 12th Arts stream for joining the Indian Army?

Respected Sir, I am Sanga I have passed class 10th and I got 60% marks. Which subject should I choose to join the Indian Army in Arts stream? Please answer as soon as possible.

15th November 2016, 07:57 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I choose in 12th Arts stream for joining the Indian Army?

As you have completed your 10th standard and you want to take arts stream, so in order to join Indian Army you can choose any subject in arts stream during your 12th standard. After completing your 12th in arts stream from a recognized board you have to appear for NDA entrance examination which is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

To appear for NDA examination you have to be physically fit and have to be unmarried. You should be a male candidate and your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years. The selection will be done of the basis of marks secured in the examination followed by physical/medical test and personal interview.
15th November 2016, 09:03 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subject should I choose in 12th Arts stream for joining the Indian Army?

To join Indian Army after completion of your 10th standard, you have to pursue 11th and 12th standard in any stream from a recognised board. You have to appear in NDA examination to join Indian Army after completion of your 12th standard. If you choose Arts stream in your 12th standard then, you are eligible to appear in NDA examination to join Indian Army.
15th November 2016, 09:26 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested in joining Indian Army after 12th the best path for you will to appear and qualify in NDA entrance examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from any recognised board.

The candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years and relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can select any subject in Arts stream to appear for NDA examination for recruitment in Indian Army. To have more information about examination pattern and syllabus visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 09:29 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

If you want to join Indian Army after 10+2 then you must take science stream with important subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. NDA is conducted at senior secondary level for joining different wings like Army, Navy and Air Force.

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam:

1. Age criteria: 16.5-19.5 years.

2. Unmarried male candidates are only eligible to apply for NDA exam.

Arts stream will not help you to clear NDA exam as first paper of NDA exam is of mathematics and questions are asked upto standard 12th. You must take science stream with Mathematics.
15th November 2016, 09:52 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You can select any stream you wish to and just complete your 12th boards from a recognized board and then appear for NDA examination in order to get into Indian Army. You can also appear for CDS after completion of your graduation and get into Indian Army at higher ranks.
15th November 2016, 10:20 PM
positive boy

you cannot join Indian Army after 12th standard with Arts stream. But with Arts stream you can join after Graduation through CDS.

General UPSC CDS Exam Eligibility:-

For Indian Military Academy/Officers' Training Academy:-A Degree from a recognized university or equivalent

For Naval Academy:-
A Bachelor of Engineering

For Air Force Academy:- A Degree from a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering
15th November 2016, 11:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Candidates from arts stream are eligible for Indian Army through National Defence Academy Examination.

But the main problem that you will face is paper I of NDA examination is of mathematics. The level of questions asked in Mathematics paper of NDA exam upto 12th standard. So, instead of Arts stream, you should science stream with mathematics as compulsory subject so as to clear this paper of NDA exam and get job in Indian Army.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply for NDA examination. The age limit is 16.5-19.5 years. For any more details about NDA examination, you can visit http://www.upsc.gov.in.
15th November 2016, 11:46 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

To join the army as an officer, you need to qualify the SSB to which you can reach by qualifying the CDSE.

CDSE is conducted by the UPSC twice a year in the month of February and October for the recruitment of officers in the defence forces.

The eligibility criteria for the same is as follows :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should be mentally and physically fit.

* The candidate should have done the graduation under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least from a recognized university.

* The minimum age for appearing is 21 years at least.

You can appear in the examination right from the final year of your graduation degree.

So, no matter which graduation degree you prefer, you are eligible for the CDSE and the SSB and can join the Indian Army.
16th November 2016, 12:19 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

If you want to appear for NDA examination and to join Indian Army as an officer you are eligible to pursue any stream in 10+2.

The eligibility to appear for NDA examination is :-

Candidate must have passed 12th or pursuing from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

But, you will be not eligible to join Air Force or Navy after 12th in any stream if not having Physics and Mathematics.
16th November 2016, 12:50 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible for National Defence academy exam, you must select science stream in 12th with mathematics as mandatory subjects otherwise you can not crack NDA exam with arts stream subjects. Mathematics plays an important role in NDA exam.
16th November 2016, 12:55 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can select any stream in 12th if you are only interested in getting the recruitment in Indian Army.

As, for Indian Army the candidates passed 12th in any stream with age limit 16..5-19.5 years are eligible to appear for NDA.

The examination is conducted in two stages twice in a year.

Candidates can also join the Indian Army through rallies.
16th November 2016, 12:06 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am Sanga I have passed class 10th and I got 60% marks. Which subject should I choose to join the Indian Army in Arts stream? Please answer as soon as possible.
If you have completed 12th standard in any stream then you are eligible for Indian Army exam through NDA exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?