14th August 2016, 04:26 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects should I choose in 10+2 to become a CA?

Sir, I got 40% in my matric exam from West Bengal board and I chose commerce. My subjects are economics, accountancy,business studies but not maths. I want to know that without maths I can became a CA?

14th August 2016, 05:23 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose in 10+2 to become a CA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I got 40% in my matric exam from West Bengal board and I chose commerce. My subjects are economics, accountancy,business studies but not maths. I want to know that without maths I can became a CA?

The students who want to pursue CA can choose Commerce, Accountancy, Mathematics, Economics subjects in 10+2. But the students who have completed 10+2 examinations in any stream are eligible to apply for the CA CPT. CPT is the first level of CA for the students after 12th standard. After CPT they have to enroll for CA IPCC and finally CA Final. The students who have not studied Mathematics in 10+2 are also can appear for CA program. There are various coaching institutions available for the purpose of CA studies. The ICAI website link is Click Here
14th August 2016, 07:25 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You can prefer Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) after 12th standard to become a Chartered Accountant. B.Com course is closely interlinked with the Chartered Accountant course, so you can easily study and understand the syllabus of Chartered Accountant. You can directly apply for the Chartered Intermediate course after B.Com. But, it is mandatory that you must score at least 55% in B.Com course to be eligible for Intermediate course.

Official website - ICAI.
14th August 2016, 09:02 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

There is no need to opt for any particular subject in 12th standard to be eligible to pursue CA course. To get admission in CA course, you have to appear in Common Proficiency Test (CPT) after completion of your 12th standard. You can also do CA course by pursuing graduation after completion of your 12th standard. Since, you have passed 10th standard with 40% aggregate marks from West Bengal Board, I suggest you to opt for any stream of your interest for pursuing your 12th standard to be eligible to pursue CA course.
14th August 2016, 09:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For CA you just need class 12th qualification with ant stream to appear for CA CPT. If you have opted for commerce stream then it is a good choice if you are looking to become CA as most of the syllabus matches with commerce stream.

There is no compulsion for any subjects like maths and it is your own decision to opt for it or not. Just prepared for CA CPT according to their syllabus after getting registered for it.
14th August 2016, 10:56 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become Chartered Accountant without mathematics in 10+2. Chartered Accountancy course has three levels. First stage is Common Proficiency Test, second stage if Integrated Professional Competence Course and last stage is Final course.

Candidates who has done 10+2 are eligible to apply for Common Proficiency test. CPT is conducted by Institute of Chartered Accountants of India in June and December respectively. You can apply for this first stage of CA course at http://www.icai.org..

You need to have good basic knowledge of mathematics upto standard 10th to clear aptitude section of this test.
15th August 2016, 12:26 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for CPT examination even if you have not opted for maths as a subject in your 12th boards, there is no such a problem in it. The minimum eligibility criteria in order to appear for CPT examination is that the candidate should have completed their 12th examination from a recognized board with minimum passing marks.
15th August 2016, 12:40 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, without maths in 10+2 you can become a CA. There would be an entrance exam CPT.
In that there would be questions from basic maths, but for that separate tutions can be taken.

Economics and accounts is a good combination.

So, be confident and start your preparations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?