17th June 2019, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Is there any problem to become an IPS Officer for a candidate through NIOS Board?

Sir, I failed in 12th Board exam which I was doing from CBSE Board. So, I have decided to appear the Board exam from NIOS Board. My aim is to become an IPS Officer. Does it create any problem if I do 12th from NIOS Board?

20th June 2019, 01:49 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any problem to become an IPS Officer for a candidate through NIOS Board?

No, you wouldn't have any problem to be an IAS officer after passing class 10th from NIOS board. NIOS board is a recognised board by all Universities and education institutions in India. It is the most authentic open school in the world.
Enquiry number-9792 1111 21.
20th June 2019, 01:59 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any problem to become an IPS Officer for a candidate through NIOS Board?

Yes, you are eligible for IPS officer post but you should completed graduation degree from a recognised University.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognised University are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates.

Age relaxation given below:-
5 years relaxation for SC / ST candidates
3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates 10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-servicemen

Number of attempts:-
For Open category - 7 attempts
For OBC category - 9 attempts
For SC / ST category - No limit.
20th June 2019, 04:26 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

NIOS board is a recognised open schooling board and you will be surely eligible to pursue any degree course from a university recognized by UGC. The minimum qualification required for UPSC civil services exam is a degree in any discipline.

Hence, you can surely compete the schooling from NIOS and take admission in a degree course. After completion you can surely appear for IPS officer exam which is conducted by UPSC.
21st June 2019, 09:41 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stands for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is one of the three national board of education and hence any degree or certificate courses offered from the same board is valid and acceptable for any government job application.

So, having completed your Class 12th from NIOS board, you are eligible to become IPS Officer by qualifying the Civil Services examination provided you satisfy its all other eligibility criteria.

For detailed information regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?