17th June 2019, 07:27 PM
Unregistered

What should I study further after completing 10th to become an IAS Officer? Is it difficult to become an IAS Officer if I am weak in Hindi Language?

Hi Sir, I want to become an IAS Officer. But I am not good in Hindi Language. Most importantly, what shall I take after completing my 10th which I am doing with CBSE Board? It is my aim to become an IAS Officer.

20th June 2019, 01:36 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study further after completing 10th to become an IAS Officer? Is it difficult to become an IAS Officer if I am weak in Hindi Language?

The minimum qualification required to be an IAS officer is Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.
There is no specific requirement of Percentage required in graduation in order to appear in UPSC exam.
If you are weak in Hindi language then you can choose English as a medium of exam.
20th June 2019, 10:59 PM
HKBEHURA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study further after completing 10th to become an IAS Officer? Is it difficult to become an IAS Officer if I am weak in Hindi Language?

You can get admission in any stream you wish to, there is no such boundation regarding it. You just have to appear for UPSC examination after completion of your graduation, you can opt for the above mentioned examination and can achieve your target by successfully clearing all the steps.
21st June 2019, 09:46 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

To be an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer, you are required to qualify the Civil Services examination held once every year by UPSC.

The minimum education required to apply for the Civil Services examination is a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university. Students pursuing final year of their degree course are also eligible.

So, it is quite evident from the above mentioned educational qualification required that for appearing in the Civil Services examination there is no requirement of a particular subject any stage of academics and therefore a degree holder in any discipline with whatever percentage of marks are eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination. So, you can go for any stream for your Class 12th and graduation degree course as per your strength and interest as psychologically it would appear the easiest subject for you.

For more details regarding the Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?