14th April 2016, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

What is the age criteria followed for getting UKG admission in ICSE board?

My son's date of birth is 11/1/12.is currently in Lowerkg next year.upperkg the school in which we have taken admission is a new school.will he face problem at std 10th due to age or will have to repeat a year. What is the age criteria followed for getting UKG admission in ICSE board?

14th April 2016, 03:25 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age criteria followed for getting UKG admission in ICSE board?

No he will not face any problem with the age if he is admitted to UKG now as the minimum age criteria in order to be eligible for the above mentioned class is 3 and a half years and as your child has attained the age, he should not face any problem regarding age criteria.

Also, by the time he reaches his 10th standard, he will have easily attained the age of 15 years and therefore, it will not be a problem for him to appear for his board examinations.
14th April 2016, 04:03 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age criteria followed for getting UKG admission in ICSE board?

As you have given information about your child and as per your information i want to tell you that your child age is 3 month less for admission in UKG. You need to wait upto july for admission. The criteria of age for admission in UKG is 4.5 years and your child is not of 4.5 years so you have to wait. If you are unable to do this then in 10th board you have to face difficulty in age. You have to register for 10th board few months more than your child age.
14th April 2016, 07:57 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Age Criteria required for getting admission into UKG in ICSE board:

Presently he is going in a right path with the present age criteria. Don't worry, your son will be eligible to get admission in 10th Class after 11 years if he follows the studies correctly (no gap should be there).

As per his Date of Birth - 4 years in LKG
5 years - In UKG
6 years - In 1st Class
with 15 years - In 10th Class

As per the date of birth, your son is eligible to get admission into UKG with this age criteria.
14th April 2016, 10:55 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

The age limit for offering admission in UKG has not specified by ICSE Board. The ICSE Board has given this power to respective state schools for offering admission in UKG acording to the age limit followed by State Board Schools.

The candidate must have attained the age of 15 years to appear in 10th standard board examinations. So, to be eligible to study UKG, your child must have attained the age of 4 years 6 months. Since, your son is born on 11/1/12, he is 4 years old and you can join him in UKG in ICSE Board School/
14th April 2016, 11:29 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age required to get admission in lower KG is three and half years where as for UKG is minimum 4 years according to rules and regulations of government of India.
15th April 2016, 12:47 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son's date of birth is 11/1/12.is currently in Lowerkg next year.upperkg the school in which we have taken admission is a new school.will he face problem at std 10th due to age or will have to repeat a year. What is the age criteria followed for getting UKG admission in ICSE board?

The minimum age limit to join in UKG in ICSE board is 5+ years.
You can contact the school for more details. The minimum age should be 5+ years for UKG, 4+ for LKG and 5 years and 8 months for 1st standard.
15th April 2016, 12:51 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

First of all i want to tell you that your age must be in between three and half years to four years at the time of admission in lower KG class. In this way the age criteria for admission in upper KG says that your age should be in between four and half years to five years at the time of admission.
As your son is approximately three and half years old now, and it will take one year to complete lower kg class, so there will be no problem regarding age at the time of admission in 10th standard
15th April 2016, 05:56 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to say you that there will be no problem with the age criteria to take admission in the upper KG class because as per the norms the age criteria to be eligible for UKG is 3.5 years. So, there should be problem in class 10th also.
2nd February 2017, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

Can anyone provide the govt order or something official for tha age limit of U.K.G.in ICSE board for jhansi,uttar Pradesh? Since here in one school the age limit of child is minimum 4 and maximum 5 for admission in UK.
My point is how can they decide the maximum age ?
For the admission to session 2017-18,the girl born between 1st April 2012 to 31st March 2013 are only eligible. You see age limit is 4-5? If a child is born in Jan 2013 then she will be eligible for ukg in next year and according to school..u had apply this time.
Kindly provide with some govt orders.
Thanks
13th May 2017, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

My son's date of birth is 05/12/12 now we have taken admission for UKG in ICSE. Is there any age problem for his 10th Class?
6th January 2021, 10:38 AM
Unregistered

My daughter date of birth is 25/08/2015 now we have taken admission for UKG in CBSE board. is there any age problem for admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?