21st June 2014, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

What is the current Secondary Higher Secondary school system in INDIA?

I want to know about the complete Secondary and Higher Sec. school sytem in india. I mean, i want information about the exams that i have to give in 10th std. What is the system of SCHOOL BASED and STATE BASED exams? Do we get a chioce in 10th, to give either school or state exam? and if i give school based (i.e. CBSE based exam) will i get admission only in cbse college in 11th? also, do i have to give Stae exam to enroll in state college? I mean, how can i give state based curriculum exam while still studying the cbse syllabus? PLEASE, explain exactly what choices, exam patterns, state and cbse board choices i get. also explain me system of college admissions. Thank you in advance!! waiting for your answers.

6th April 2015, 05:45 PM
anamikasenrocks

Default Re: What is the current Secondary Higher Secondary school system in INDIA?

The general rule is that you have to first sit for class 10 board examinations and then when you qualify class 10 examinations with minimum 60% marks, then you will be eligible to get admitted in higher secondary schools. You need to again qualify class 11 annual examinations after one year to make it to class 12. Again, like class 10 you will have to qualify final board examinations to make it to the next level.
Now school level board examinations are the board examinations where the board sets up the question, the board prepares the details of the examination dates, the board gives the certificate of passing out, but the school teachers themselves check the answer papers. Whereas in board level examinations, everything I mentioned above is done by the boards. But these choicrs are given in higher secondary curriculum. You don't get this option in class 10. So to opt for state level examination given by CBSE you would have to get admitted in any school or higher secondary college affiliated by CBSE.
Whether in school or in college you will have to shpw the photocopy of your marksheet. If the marks obtained by you is above the cut-off criteria of that particular school or college, they will admit you.
Now, you have mentioned about state examination. This is the examination taken by state boards. This is completely different from that CBSE board. So if you take admission in state board school, you cannot opt for CBSE examinations. The process of admission in state board school is same as that CBSE schools or colleges. I hope I could answer all your queries.
7th April 2015, 08:35 AM
SmilyRishu

Default Re: What is the current Secondary Higher Secondary school system in INDIA?

First of all you must be clear in the class 10th.

Then you are eligible to get admission in higher secondary school.

If your percentage too good in 10th class that is above 80% then you go to the govt school which is best for you.

On the other hand if your percentage not good then you get admission on the basis of your category.

Now collect some document which required for the admission.

After that select the school where you want admission.
19th September 2015, 08:20 AM
Unregistered

If I give 10th exam through school based board,can I get admission in other states?
18th September 2016, 10:14 PM
Unregistered

I am confused that which to choose board or school board please Help me
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?