26th May 2022, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

What is the difference between NIOS and CBSE? Will I have the same opportunities as a CBSE student?

Respected Sir/Maam, I have a problem i had given 12 class board exam but failed in 2 subject maths and chemistry. Now my question is can i give my 2 exams which i failed in 12th through nios or i will have to give all the exams again in coming October/ November??

And if i give 2 exams what will be its effect on my mark sheet and do i will get same preference as any cbse student what will be its effect on my further studies..!

Helpp me .. in serious trouble..!
Hope.. will get mah answer.

28th May 2022, 12:33 AM
Hera tabrez
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between NIOS and CBSE? Will I have the same opportunities as a CBSE student?

There is no such difference between the two.
Its just that the pattern followed by CBSE is helpful for most of the competitive exams.
As the students are already familiar with the pattern and NCERT books it becomes easy to crack the exam.

As far as opportunities are concerned, you will have the same opportunities as rest of the students have.
It all depends on your hard work and dedication towards something.
NIOS board is not less, and is equally recognised everywhere.
28th May 2022, 05:43 PM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the difference between NIOS and CBSE? Will I have the same opportunities as a CBSE student?

ADVANTAGES OF CBSE BOARD:
It emphasizes a skill-based syllabus.
allows conduction of grade XII exam along with engineering and medical exams.
It surely and basically focuses on co-scholastic activities along with skills till grade 10.
CBSE has worldwide acceptability.
It allows students to be within regular touch with their syllabus.
Enhances the interaction between teachers and students.
Students can clear their doubts on the spot as they are allowed and advised to attend regular classes.

ADVANTAGES OF NIOS BOARD:

No need to attend regular classes.
NIOS offers weekly classes through the study centre.
The syllabus is easy to understand.
NIOS gives a higher percentage to a student with flexible ncert syllabus.
Board Provides NIOS learning materials in digital mode, video lecturers etc.
Flexibility is the core value of NIOS- May it be an on-demand exam or two-time exam in a year.
NIOS also offers the facility to appear for exam same year in October if you fail in the main exam in Mar-Apr.
Yes, this is valid for all government job applications and higher education.
31st May 2022, 10:35 AM
Dineshkumar1907
Senior Member++

Regular board and the student enrolled in CBSE board has to attend classes at respective school while NIOS offers study from home (Private Study mode).

NIOS evaluation process is not enough satisfactory like CBSE.

More than 19 thousand schools in India and about 211 schools in 25 foreign countries are affiliated to the CBSE while NIOS has 16 regional centres. NIOS follows the syllabus as per NCERT like CBSE board.

The pass percentage for CBSE is comparatively high as compared to NIOS.

The NIOS doesn't provide a facility of re-evaluation like CBSE.

NIOS maximum pass percentage observed till now is 59.10% while for CBSE on an average is 85%.Studying in CBSE Board will help you to interact with teachers and learn something which you cannot learn by reading book.

Studying from books will help you to clear the exams but not in the overall development.

So CBSE is better in all aspects than NIOS
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?