15th August 2015, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

What is the minimum age limit for admission in CBSE school in Chandigarh?

What is the minimum age limit for admission in CBSE school in Chandigarh?

15th August 2015, 10:04 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age limit for admission in CBSE school in Chandigarh?

Minimum age limit for admission in CBSE school in Chandigarh for class 1st is 5 years to 7 years.
For 10th class : 14 to 16 years.
15th August 2015, 10:05 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the minimum age limit for admission in CBSE school in Chandigarh?

No, there is no minimum age limit for the candidate to get the admission in the class as per CBSE norms.

But it is considered that while pursuing in the STD I the candidates age must be between 4-5 years as it is taken as standard age. So you can calculate the age according to it.

But if your age is even greater or less than this then also you are also eligible to pursue according to CBSE norms.
15th August 2015, 10:13 PM
Limited10
Member+

The minimum age required for nursery class is 3 to 5 years. The minimum age required for class 10th is 14 years. There is no any upper limit criteria. CBSE Board criteria is same all over the India whether it is in Chandigarh or in any other place. It is difficult for me to give more information as you have not defined that in which class you want to take admission.
16th August 2015, 12:13 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

CBSE stands for the Central Board of Secondary Education.

There is no such rule according to the CBSE. However on a general basis a candidate or student must be in standard one upto the age of 5 years. So the minimum age to appear for the 10th board examinations from CBSE is 14 years.

Hence this criteria is valid throughout the India no matter which state it is either it is Punjab or Chandigarh.

If your ward is of 4 years, you can admit him/her in class one in any CBSE affiliated school.
16th August 2015, 12:15 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Kendriya Vidyalayas are highly affordable and co-curricular oriented schools in India. Moreover, they are managed by Central Government of India. Hundreds of KV schools are available across the country. They are unique in admissions and other activities. These schools follow CBSE syllabus.

Age criteria of KVS is same for all Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools. According to the KVS guidelines, a child must be 5 years old as on 31st March in the academic year in which admission is sought for Class I. It should be noted that a child born on 1st April also be considered for admission.
16th August 2015, 12:59 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Education.
It is an organisation established ,runned and controlled by Government of India to provide quality education and certificates to students of secondary and higher secondary level.

Minimum age limit for admission in CBSE schools are same everywhere and vaies from class to class.
As it is not mentioned in your query that you want to know tha minimum age for admission in which standard.

So, first of all complete your query.
16th August 2015, 11:33 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age requirement to get admission in CBSE board in Chandigarh is that the candidate should have attained a minimum age of 3 years and 6 months to be eligible to get admission in Nursery class and can thus continue his/her further studies accordingly.
23rd September 2015, 05:47 PM
gokul ka raja

There is no special age limit for a student to take addmission in cbse board,but in schools generally the age of getting addmission in nursery is about 3-5 years and for the addmission upto to 10th the age is about to be 14-16 years.
But there is not any compulsion for a student to in this age.But after 12th these age is helpful for a student.
For more discription you may have to go the site
www.cbse.nic in
2nd February 2018, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

If a child who is only aware of standing and slanting lines concept should be put in nursery. Can he/she cope up with alphabets in 2 months
29th March 2018, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

My son will complete 8yrs on 8th July 2018.he scored 93%in 1st class according to his age he is two years back. I want to promote him in 3rd class.school principal is making different different excuses for not doing so last year many students were promoted. My son is intelligent now what should I do sir plz tell me the solution.
26th July 2019, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

Admission for child of 16 years who has completed 5 class with gap of 4 years process of admission in govt school
27th July 2019, 04:40 AM
j06u3

Talking Re: What is the minimum age limit for admission in CBSE school in Chandigarh?

A child is eligible to get admission in class 1 if he/she is minimum five years of age on the 31st March of the year in which the admission is sought, and a maximum of seven years of age on the 31st March of the same year
15th November 2019, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

My son date of birth is 5.8.2008 and now he is in 8 class .can he will give his board exam of class 10 on March 2022
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?