21st January 2016, 06:50 AM
Unregistered

What is the PMT eligibility criteria in Punjab?

Sir,

I am doing 10+2 from punjab. But i am from himachal pradesh basically. I want to know about the eligibility criteria for PMT entrance in Punjab region?

21st January 2016, 10:30 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the PMT eligibility criteria in Punjab?

PMET is conducted by BABA Farid University of Health Sciences is a top known Entrance Exam of India after qualifying this you can get admission in MBBS, BAMS, BDS and BHMS .

Candidartes must have residency of Punjab state.

Minimum age required is 17 years.

Candidates must have finished their senior secondary schooling from punjab.

12th should be done with physics, chemistry and biology.
21st January 2016, 10:56 AM
kantraman

One should be +2 pass with subject combination PCB and english as a compulsory subject.Your marks should be 50% for general category and 40% for reserved category.Beside this you should be from punjab and must have punjab domicile.If one have completed their +2 from punjab but resident of Himachal can apply for non punjab seats.
21st January 2016, 01:01 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

PMT eligibility criteria in Punjab :
  • Candidate must have passed class XII examination from any recognised institution.
  • Age of candidate must be above 17 years old.
  • Candidate must have passed Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
  • Candidate must have obtained more than 50% marks in 12th class. There is relaxation of 10% marks for reserved category candidates.

Yes, you can apply for PMT Punjab.
21st January 2016, 01:06 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to appear for Punjab PMT examination. But eligible to appear for AIPMT examination.

The eligibility to appear for PMT examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from recognised board.

Candidate must have PCB and English as main paper in 10+2 board.

So, you are not eligible to appear for Punjab PMT examination. But, you can appear for AIPMT examination.

For more information about examination visit at http://www.aipmt.nic.in
21st January 2016, 01:42 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you want to appear for state government PMT for Punjab then you need to be a domicile of that state for admission in government medical colleges only. For private colleges you will be surely eligible even if you belong to Himachal Pradesh.

You can also appear for AIPMT and get admission in central government medical college in Punjab. Just make sure that you have got at least 50% marks in class 12th with PCB stream.
21st January 2016, 06:17 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Punjab State Pre Medical Test:

* Candidate must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board.

* You must have taken science stream with Biology as main subject. Along with this, you must have studies Chemistry, Physics and English.

*Minimum 50% marks in 10+2 is required.

* The minimum age limit is 17 years on 31st December of year of exam.

You can apply for this exam even if you are from Himachal Pradesh if you satisfy the above criteria.
21st January 2016, 07:55 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Punjab Medical Test Eligibility Criteria:

Yes, you are eligible to appear in Punjab Pre Medical Test (PMT) which is conducted by BFUHS. Generally this PMT Examination is conducted for admission to Private medical college, dental colleges and government colleges located in the state of Punjab. The basic educational qualification required and age criteria are given below.

Educational Qualification:

>> Candidates must have passed 12th Class from a recognized university.

>> Candidates should have passed Biology, Chemistry, Physics and English or its equivalent qualification.

>> Candidates are required to score minimum 50% marks in order to be eligible. As far as my best knowledge is concerned, you are certainly eligible to appear in Punjab PMT Exam.

>> Candidates must have minimum 17 years as on 31st December.
21st January 2016, 08:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear in Punjab PMT examination, you must have completed your 12th standard with Biology, Physics and Chemistry subjects with minimum aggregate of 50% marks from a recognised board. The minimum age required to appear in Punjab PMT examination is 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission to first year of MBBS/BDS course. By satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, you are eligible to appear in Punjab PMT examination.
21st January 2016, 10:44 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,

I am doing 10+2 from punjab. But i am from himachal pradesh basically. I want to know about the eligibility criteria for PMT entrance in Punjab region?
Eligibility for PMT exam in Punjab:-

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for PMT exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years.
28th June 2016, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am from Jammu and done 12th n 11th in Jammu only .. But i have given Punjab pmt n as per cut off i have got much more marks than that . So i am eligible or not ?
2nd July 2016, 07:34 PM
Sri Kavya Ketagani

Yes, you are eligible to seek admission for MBBS /BDS in medical/dental colleges in Punjab .

As you are from Jammu you must submit an affidavit, in original, as per proforma on non-judicial paper attested by a Metropolitan Magistrate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?