12th December 2015, 11:30 AM
Unregistered

What is the role of 12th result in selection in M.Sc. course in top universities?

I have passed my 12th with good score. I want to know if this score will help me to get selection in the M.Sc. course in top universities of India?

Related Questions:
  1. Which is better between MSc biotechnology and MSc microbiology? Which are the top universities?
  2. Can I join Ph.D in top universities after completing MSc in Physics with 88% from Bharathyar University
  3. Top 10 universities for Ph.D Astrophysics? Selection Procedure for Ph.D in these Universities?
  4. List of top universities which provides M.Sc Ph.D integrated course?
  5. Admission Procedure in Top Institutes for doing MSC Physics along with their fee structure.
  6. List of top 10 universities in US for MS? Can I get through after scoring 65% in B.Tech?
  7. Information regarding MSc Chemistry entrance in top universities? How many branches are there in MSc Chemistry?
  8. List of the top universities for MSc electronics in AP?
  9. How to do MS in US in top universities? I have completed B.E in ECE
  10. List of top 10 universities in Tamilnadu for MSc Biotech?
  11. How to do MS in US? Which are the top universities for MS in Networking?
  12. How to study correspondence PhD in Computer Science after MCA?
  13. Want to do B.E. but family's financial conditions are not good, what to do?
  14. List of top 10 universities for doing masters? Can I get in those institutes with a good GRE or TOEFL score? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Top universities in USA offering MSc and procedure to apply for it?
  16. How to do B.Com honors in business studies?
  17. How to do MSc in Physics in future after doing BSc with Non Medical? Which are the top universities in India for MSc in Physics? What is the fee?
  18. List of top universities in India providing MSc in Chemistry? Which are the entrance exams for entering the university?
12th December 2015, 05:43 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the role of 12th result in selection in M.Sc. course in top universities?

For admission in M.Sc your graduation marks will matter more than the class 12th marks. Hence, try to complete your graduation with good marks.

Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the graduation marks in most of the universities for admission in M.Sc course. Some even conduct entrance exam.
14th December 2015, 10:12 AM
rituja mukherjee

Default Re: What is the role of 12th result in selection in M.Sc. course in top universities?

As such the percentage of marks obtained in class 12 won't be of much use in relation to your master degree. Most of the universities give admission in M.Sc based in the marks secured in Graduation, and they conduct entrance examinations of their own. So, the main focus is the graduation score card . There is a rule that it is essential to score at least 55% in +2 level. That is the basic benchmark set which has to be maintained, the similar rule follows for graduation. At least 50% in graduation is essential to be eligible for applying for further master degree. This rule will also apply if you appear for National Eligibility Test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?