6th February 2016, 09:29 AM
Unregistered

What should I do after 10th to become an IAS Officer? What should I study in Class 11?

Sir i am abdul samad of class 10 what should i do to become an ias officer, and also tell me that what should i study in class in 11?

6th February 2016, 10:32 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after 10th to become an IAS Officer? What should I study in Class 11?

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. It comes under Civil Services of India Government. To become IAS officer, a candidate must crack all stages of Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The minimum qualification required for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of graduation can also apply for the exam.

The minimum age limit is 21 years.

You can not apply for the exam after 10th board exams. You can pursue 10+2 and bachelor's degree in any stream as per your interest. Any graduate in any discipline is eligible for this exam. So, you must select your stream depending upon your interest in various subjects.
7th February 2016, 12:41 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after 10th to become an IAS Officer? What should I study in Class 11?

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Officer and now, you are not eligible to appear for examination for recruitment as I.A.S officer.

But, if you desire to become an I.A.S officer, it is best to start the preparation for examination from now through proper strategy and syllabus.

The examination is conducted by UPSC and candidates passed graduation in any discipline are eligible to appear for examination. So, you need to pursue 10+2 and graduation with any discipline.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th February 2016, 12:48 AM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Civil Services Examination.

Nice to see your interest in the field of Civil Services examination. Indian Administrative Service (IAS) examination is come under civil services examination which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) once in every year. Here for your help i give you the details eligibility criteria.

Eligibility Criteria for the Civil Services examination.
--> Graduation Degree in any stream from a recognize University. Final year graduation candidates can also appear in the IAS examination.
--> The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of examination. The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candiadtes.

These are the basic eligibility criteria for the IAS examination. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria then you are eligible to apply for the IAS entrance examination.

So, As per above mention eligibility criteria for the Civil Services Examination you are not eligible to apply for the IAS examination. The minimum education qualification is pass graduation so i advise you to first complete the graduation degree in any stream with a good marks and then think about the civil services examination.

For any more details and complete information regarding the IAS entrance examination please visit the official website of the UPSC-- http://www.upsc.gov.in
7th February 2016, 01:17 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to pursue course of your choice in 11th and even in the graduation degree to become an IAS officer.

To become an IAS offiCer you have to appear and qualify in all three stages of Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is candidate must have passed graduation in any discipline and age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

To get other information about examination pattern and syllabus in detail visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th February 2016, 01:27 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.
Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) conduct IAS examination every year on behalf of Central Govt.
Eligibility criteria to appear in IAS examination are
-Candidate must be citizen of India
-Candidate must have completed Bachelor degree or graduation from a recognized university in any disciple
-Candidate must be of age 21-32 years.
Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC is also available.
Also, number of attempts is limited for appearing in IAS or any civil services examination which is for
General - 6
OBC - 9
SC/ST - No Limit

Since you have only completed 10th boards examination and seeking for admission in 11th and for IAS there is no bounding in terms of subject in any standard, so, you can choose any subject in any stream at higher secondary and at Bachelor degree after higher secondary.
After completing higher secondary only, you can appear for IAS.
27th December 2016, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am Laiba, I'm in ninth standard, I want to know what should I do from now onward to be an IAS officer ?
What is the minimum percentage a person should get in 10th for this field?
And what all skills I must have ?
7th December 2017, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir I am Laiba, I'm in ninth standard, I want to know what should I do from now onward to be an IAS officer ?
What is the minimum percentage a person should get in 10th for this field?
And what all skills I must have ?
You can achieve your standard first and score maximum points in 10th. On the 11th standard your prepare for I.A.S syllabus
14th April 2020, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

For I.A.S we have to do very much hardwork or not.
21st May 2020, 09:20 AM
Unregistered

can i do criminology after taking humanities in higher secondry education
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?