24th March 2012, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)

I am in 12th standard in maths stream, i want to know how to become ias officer and what qualification sould be needed to be an IAS officer.
please reply soon..

27th March 2012, 03:35 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 12th standard in maths stream, i want to know how to become ias officer and what qualification sould be needed to be an IAS officer.
please reply soon..
In order to become IAS Officer, you will need to follow the steps provided below:
  • Complete your Bachelors Degree program from a recognized university.
  • After completion of the Bachelor Degree program, apply for Preliminary Stage of Civil Service Examination, which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. As per their guidelines, candidates within the age limit of 21-30 years are only eligible to write the examination. The maximum age limit is relaxed upto 5 years for SC/ST and 3 Years for OBC category.
  • After qualifying the Preliminary Exam, you will have to appear for another written examination known as the Main Exam and is followed by an Interview.
After qualifying all these stages with very good score, you will be considered eligible for Indian Administrative Services Officer, i.e. IAS Officer.

For further information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
8th April 2012, 02:04 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)

Hello, how are you doing? i have a question for u..can i become an i.a.s officer if i have done my high school from India in non med. stream and done diploma from Canada? I 'M 20years of age and would complete my graduation next year. My email address is [email protected] could u pls tell me about the full details of the exam and about the syllabus too?
12th April 2012, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

how many exams are there for becoming IAS officer
17th April 2012, 12:37 AM
Unregistered

I completed my 12th standard, i want to become an IAS officer. For that ,what are the courses would help me in future and also i need details about IAS exams.
22nd April 2012, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Myself Surbhi Badal. sir\mam i want to become an I.A.S OFFICER???? I don't know what to do after the 12th examination??? So pls tell me about it. thank u sooooo much???
1st May 2012, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

ihave compleated my degree with nagarjuna university in distance mode with 49percent can i go ias
4th May 2012, 06:46 PM

I am in class 10 i just want to know how to became an IAS officer
5th May 2012, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for becoming IAS officer even if I go for commerce?
5th May 2012, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

i am a student of B.Com final year , i want to know about the procedure and syllabus of IAS. how can i proceed further.
15th May 2012, 05:18 PM
Unregistered

i want to become an ias officer for that what are the study materials now iam going to collect for become an ias officer.please give me any body suggestions
15th May 2012, 08:31 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hai friend....

IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE this exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year.The minimum qualification required for this exam is graduation from a recognized university.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IAS EXAM:

1.Graduation students are applicable.

2.Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years.

3.3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates.

4.5 years for Sc/ST candidates.

5.Candidate should be a citizen of india.

SELECTION PROCESS:

1.Preliminary exam

2.Main exam

3.Personal interview

For more information regards visit www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK....
17th May 2012, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

I am in class 10 .I want to become an I.A.S officer . what can i should do
4th June 2012, 07:11 PM
Unregistered

i am in class 8.i want to become an ias officer,but as i am not getting any idea what to do after my 10th standard.Should i study in science or arts?,or do I need coaching?
10th June 2012, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Is there any limitation of height for becoming an IAS OFFICER?? plz...rly sn
14th June 2012, 12:39 PM
Unregistered

i am going to do eleventh so please tell me which stream should i choose ?
22nd June 2012, 03:27 PM
Unregistered

through coresspodent graduation can we appear for IAS?
24th June 2012, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

can i eligible for giving an exam after bsc in (maths honours)?
25th June 2012, 04:14 PM
Unregistered

Wht is difference betwn IES and UPSE
7th July 2012, 02:51 PM
rohit parakh

Smile Re: How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)

]I am in 12th standard in maths stream, i want to know how to become ias officer and what qualification sould be needed to be an IAS officer is commerce stream students can also apply
11th July 2012, 03:51 PM
Unregistered

I want to become an IAS officer for that what are the study materials now I going to collect for become IAS officer.please give me any body suggesion.plz reply very soon.in my email adress. [email protected]
30th July 2012, 06:31 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO BECOMES AN IAS OFFICER?
30th July 2012, 09:03 PM
Srikar achill

Sir,In order to become IAS Officer, you will need to follow the steps provided below:
*. Complete your Bachelors Degree program from a recognized university.
*. After completion of the Bachelor Degree program, apply for Preliminary Stage of Civil Service Examination, which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. As per their guidelines, candidates within the age limit of 21-30 years are only eligible to write the examination. The maximum age limit is relaxed upto 5 years for SC/ST and 3 Years for OBC category.
*. After qualifying the Preliminary Exam, you will have to appear for another written examination known as the Main Exam and is followed by an Interview. After qualifying all these stages withvery good score, you will be considered eligible for Indian Administrative Services Officer, i.e. IAS Officer.
For further information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission .
21st August 2012, 10:53 AM
Unregistered

i am a 12th standard student in ,non medical iwant to know what qualification r needed for giving an ias exam
4th October 2012, 12:27 PM
Unregistered

can i apply for IAS officer after completing my engg.non i m in 3rd year,branch cse
17th October 2012, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1943216]I am in 12th standard in maths stream, i want to know how to become ias officer and what qualification should be needed to be an IAS officer.
please reply soon
18th October 2012, 12:27 AM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

-Dear aspirant,

-If you want to give IAS exam then you should be a Graduate in any discipline.

-There is no percentage criteria for eligibility in IAS exams. Hence you should be just a Graduate in any discipline from a recognised university.

-The age limit for IAS exam is 21 – 30 years if you are general category candidate.

-There is age relaxation available for SC/ST for 5 years , OBC for 3 years .

-You are still 10+2 pass hence you should concentrate on getting admission is first year Graduation.

-The selection is based on IAS prelims , IAS mains and personal interview.

BEST OF LUCK...
18th October 2012, 01:27 AM
sanjaychauhan01

Dear..

Its very good that you want to become an IAS officer and serve the nation as IAS is the most prestigious post in India and becoming an IAS officer comes with good salary status and recognition. There are few criteria that you must secure to become an IAS officer.

1. You must hold the citizenship of India.
2. You must complete your graduation and there is no percentage barrier that means a mere graduation can make you eligible for the exam.
3. You age limit must be between 21-30 years.
4. You have to clear 2 stage of the exam in which one is objective and other is subjective.
5. After that there will be a interview round for those who selected in the written exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC every year and it is the toughest exam of India and you have to study real hard to crack the exam.

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
18th October 2012, 01:43 AM
SAM14U

HELLO DEAR
To become an IAS officer you should have to graduated from recognized university.
IAS stands for Indian Administrative services and to become IAS you need to cracked the UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC, every year and the notification will be published in the employment Newspaper or in the official UPSC website.

When the notification Published online registrations was already started and eligible candidates fill the application form online from the official website of UPSC, Graduation is the minimum requirement to apply for this examination, final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted in these 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination.

Firstly, you have to cracked the preliminary examination, this examination is objective one and there are two papers in this examination and you have to appear for both papers in same day. If you cracked this examination, you are eligible for Mains. For Civil service examination, you need to choose two optionals for Mains exam.

To be eligible for this exam, you must in the age group 21-30 yrs (relaxation for reserved category). Number of attempts are also limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC, while SC/ST no limit.

Notification is going to be published soon next year in Month of February, if you are interested then please apply for this examination online, when notification Published.

You have to prepared for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus, you can collect syllabus from the previous notifications from the official website.

If you need more details then please visit the official website of UPSC.

Offline registration fees for civil service exam is 100/- and Online fees are 50/- .There is no registration fees for SC/ST/OBC and female candidate .

Exam date of 2013 is already announced in UPSC website.the exam date of UPSC Civil Service Exam 2013 is -

DATE OF NOTIFICATION :- 02.02.2013
LAST DATE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS :- 04.03.2013 (MONDAY)
DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM :- 19.05.2013 (SUNDAY)
18th October 2012, 03:10 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Hi..
Sir...
You want know ,how to become a IAS (INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE) officer, which shows that, you are very interested in this civil service ,.. I appreciate it.

In order to become a IAS officer, you must have crack the civil service examination, which is conducted by the UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION ).

You are a maths student of class 12th,. so you have much time to prepare for this civil service examination,.

You know what, you will be eligible for this exam, only after the completion of your graduation,.
Whatever may be the stream in graduation, it is depends upon you.

The minimum educational requirement for appear in this examination is a graduation degree in any stream, but from a recognized college.

So, first of all, you must have to be a graduate,.
Then you can apply for the IAS examination,.

This civil service examination, has three stages to be clear in a way of a IAS aspirant.--

1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3.INTERVIEW..

CSAT EXAM PATTERN-

NUMBER OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS IN CSAT--

AGE LIMIT CRITERIA--

21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates..

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS--

4 for the GENERAL candidates
7 for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates.

www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you!!!!
~gamble~
18th October 2012, 03:12 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Hi..
Sir...
You want know ,how to become a IAS (INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE) officer, which shows that, you are very interested in this civil service ,.. I appreciate it.

In order to become a IAS officer, you must have crack the civil service examination, which is conducted by the UPSC (UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION ).

You are a maths student of class 12th,. so you have much time to prepare for this civil service examination,.

You know what, you will be eligible for this exam, only after the completion of your graduation,.
Whatever may be the stream in graduation, it is depends upon you.

The minimum educational requirement for appear in this examination is a graduation degree in any stream, but from a recognized college.

So, first of all, you must have to be a graduate,.
Then you can apply for the IAS examination,.

This civil service examination, has three stages to be clear in a way of a IAS aspirant.--

1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)
2. MAINS
3.INTERVIEW..

CSAT EXAM PATTERN-

NUMBER OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS IN CSAT--

AGE LIMIT CRITERIA--

21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates..

NUMBER OF ATTEMPTS--

4 for the GENERAL candidates
7 for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates.

www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you!!!!
~gamble~
6th December 2012, 09:15 PM
jasudha

In order to become IAS Officer, you will need to follow the steps provided below:
Complete your Bachelors Degree program from a recognized university.
After completion of the Bachelor Degree program, apply for Preliminary Stage of Civil Service Examination, which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. As per their guidelines, candidates within the age limit of 21-30 years are only eligible to write the examination. The maximum age limit is relaxed upto 5 years for SC/ST and 3 Years for OBC category.
After qualifying the Preliminary Exam, you will have to appear for another written examination known as the Main Exam and is followed by an Interview.
After qualifying all these stages with very good score, you will be considered eligible for Indian Administrative Services Officer, i.e. IAS Officer.

For further information, refer to the official website of Union Public Service Commission.
6th December 2012, 11:30 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)

Hi Friend,

What is IAS ?

IAS stands for INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE.

More about IAS :

This exam is conducted by the UPSC once a year.
The minimum qualification required for this exam is graduation from a recognized university.

Eligibility for IAS :
  • Graduation students are applicable.
  • 3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates.
  • 5 years for Sc/ST candidates.
  • Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years.
  • Candidate should be a citizen of india.

Procedure for Selection :
  • Preliminary exam
  • Main exam
  • Personal interview

To know latest information please visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Best Of Luck...

Thanks...
7th December 2012, 10:11 AM
RAM .

hi...

1st you must have crack the civil service examination, which is conducted by the UPSC UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION.You are a maths student of class 12th,.
so you have much time to prepare for this civil service examination,.

Whatever may be the stream in graduation, it is depends upon you.minimum educational requirement for appear in this examination is a graduation degree in any stream, but from a recognized college.
5th January 2013, 08:16 PM
Unregistered

I want to know that what is the cut off percentage is required to be appear in prelims
20th March 2013, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

What stream I can choose in graduation ,after completing 12th (maths & science)?
22nd March 2013, 11:51 PM
bhawnarattan
Senior Member+

Quote:
please reply soon..
For applying for the IAS exam you need to fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below:

*Need to have passed your graduation in any stream from recognized university.

*Age limit 21-30 yrs...

You can apply for it at www.upsconlne.nic.in and for more details visit www.upsc.gov.in
14th April 2013, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

i'm in 10th std n i wnt 2 Bcm n IAS officr .I'm intrstd in Maths so wt shud i do aftr 12th?
8th May 2013, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

R/S How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? my qualification B.A (maths stream) please help me sir , I am service in Police Department . Ravinder Kumar from Rewari (Haryana)
[email protected]
15th July 2013, 01:49 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

For appearing for IAS you will have to complete your graduation first

As per the eligibility criteria

You should be citizen of India
You should have done your graduation from any recognized college or institute
your age should be 21-30 years for general category

Relaxation of 5 years is given for SC/ST and 3 years are given to OBC

Number of Attempts:
General : 4 Attempts
OBC: 7 Attempts
handicapped: 7 attempts
SC/ST: No limit

It is advisable to join any good coaching institute in your prefinal year of graduation.
Though coaching class is not mandatory but IAS preparation requires lots of patience and determination. Coaching class would help you complete the syllabus on time.

All the best
15th July 2013, 01:52 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(maths stream)

Hi

For appearing for IAS you will have to complete your graduation first

As per the eligibility criteria

You should be citizen of India
You should have done your graduation from any recognized college or institute
your age should be 21-30 years for general category

Relaxation of 5 years is given for SC/ST and 3 years are given to OBC

Number of Attempts:
General : 4 Attempts
OBC: 7 Attempts
handicapped: 7 attempts
SC/ST: No limit

It is advisable to join any good coaching institute in your prefinal year of graduation.
Though coaching class is not mandatory but IAS preparation requires lots of patience and determination. Coaching class would help you complete the syllabus on time.

All the best
15th July 2013, 05:01 PM
Anandkp 44

hello

you must have crack the civil service examination, which is conducted by the UPSC UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION.

You are a maths student of class 12th,.

so you have much time to prepare for this civil service examination,.

You know what, you will be eligible for this exam,

only after the completion of your graduation,.

Whatever may be the stream in graduation,

it is depends upon you.minimum educational requirement for appear in this examination is a graduation degree in any stream, but from a recognized college.
15th July 2013, 11:07 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
please reply soon..

To become an IAS Officer you have to appear in the UPSC Civil Services Exams

Minimum eligibilty to apply for the UPSC Civil Services exams is:

Educational Qualification :

A Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a UGC/AICTE recognised University.
Final year appeared/appearing candidates can also apply.

Age Limit :
General Category-21-30yrs on 1st August of the year of exam
OBC-21-33yrs
SC/ST-21-35yrs

Attempts :
General Category-4 times
OBC-7 times
SC/ST-Unlimited times

UPSC Civil Services Exams are held in three stages:
Prelims
MAINS
Interview

Next prelims exams would be held in May 2014
26th July 2013, 07:53 PM
whiteblossom

Hello,

One can become an IAS by appearing for the IAS exam conducted by UPSC .

To be eligible for IAS one has to be a graduate in any discipline from any recognised university ,age limitations are as per the government rules.

For details :
13th August 2013, 05:19 PM
Unregistered

HOW to become an IAS officer? plz tell me all the detail. i am studing B.tech in 1 sem .I dont want to study b.tech plz hellp me if u can
19th October 2013, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

How to become an IAS officer? How may I get the details like eligibility criteria, qualification requirements etc for becoming an IAS officer? I am in 12th standard(Arts stream)...please give reply as soon as..
14th January 2014, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

yas, i ouestion my study how this contry is best .me i study ias pleace ans.
16th December 2018, 07:14 PM
Unregistered

I am studying class 12 now, with maths group, I like to became an IAS what is the next step
I need to do?
Please reply me at [email protected]
PLEASE....
25th March 2019, 06:37 PM
Quikri

Ias- Indian administrative service is the most prestigious sjob in our country.

Ias exam.is connect by UPSC,a constitutional body.The exam is conducted yearly with 3 stages namely prelims ,mains and interview.
Prelims- qualifying,objective type.
Mains-subjective
Interview-275 marks.

Upsc website only mentions the following eligibility criteria:
A candidate should be 21 years of age and should have completed a graduation degree.from a recognised Indian University.

You are eligible for the exam.provided you complete your graduation.
Start reading the basic Ncerts.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?