20th April 2016, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

What step should I take to become an Astronaut being a 12th Science WBCHSE candidate?

Sir,
Now I am giving the Board exam of WBCHSE 12th with Science stream.I have applied for JEE Main, AIPMT, etc. But I want to be an Astronaut and I will want to work in NASA/ISRO. What will be my next step to achieve my goal?

21st April 2016, 02:53 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What step should I take to become an Astronaut being a 12th Science WBCHSE candidate?

In order to become an Astronaut, you need to have a Bachelor's degree in;

> Biological Science.

> Engineering.

> Physical Science, etc. from a recognized University.

You will have to have a Ph.D degree in Astrophysics, Geophysics, Metaphysics, etc. after the completion of any of the course mentioned above.

After this you will have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by NASA for recruitment of Astronauts, scientists, etc. to finally become an Astronaut.
21st April 2016, 11:13 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What step should I take to become an Astronaut being a 12th Science WBCHSE candidate?

If you are interested to become Astronaut then you have to qualify IAST examination conducted by Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology.

Candidate must have passed 12th with physics, chemistry and mathematics with minimum 60% marks from recognised board. Your age limit should be in between 21 to 25 years and relaxation is given to reserved categories in upper age limit.

After completion of class 12th you can also appear in the entrance exam known as JEE Mains to get admission in NIT or IIT to pursue aeronautical engineering course.
22nd April 2016, 12:28 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

To become an Astronaut first you have to pursue for a Graduation degree course after class 12th in any of the below mentioned field from a recognized University.

Engineering
Physical Science

Once you have completed Graduation in any of the above field, you will have to complete your Ph.D degree in any of Astrophysics, Metaphysics, Geophysics etc.

After that appear for the entrance examination conducted by NASA, qualifying in which you will become an Astronaut.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?