7th July 2015, 01:54 PM
Unregistered

Should I study BCA if secured 54% in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?

Hello,
I have just passed 12th under WBCHSE Board in Science stream and didn't get the marks that I was expected and only I got 54% marks. So I want to know which way should I go and study Bachelor degree. i am thiking to do the BCA course. Should I?

Related Questions:
  1. Scholarships available for a candidate who has secured 84% in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  2. Possibility to get direct admission in any government college of West Bengal to study BCA course to a candidate who has secured 49% in 12th Science?
  3. What should I study other than B.Sc if secured 86% in 12th WBCHSE?
  4. Can I get admission to study B.Sc Honours in St. Xavier's College if secured 78.5% in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  5. Can I get admission to study B.A.(Political Science) in Jadavpur University if secured 64.43% in 12th WBCHSE?
  6. Can I get admission to study B.Com in Goenka College if secured 75% in Accounts and 74% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  7. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology question papers of previous year for 12th WBCHSE Board exam
  8. Can I get admission in WBUT BCA if secured 56.77% in 12th Science and scored 30 marks in Mathematics and 64 marks in Computer Science?
  9. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and WBCHSE to study in 11th Science if secured 90% in 10th CBSE?
  10. Is it possible to reappear in 12th WBCHSE Board exam if unsatisfied with marks obtained? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Possibility to study B.Sc(Physics) in Presidency College for a candidate who has secured 76.77% in 12th WBCHSE?
  12. Scholarship available for a candidate who has secured 88% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  13. Should I reappear if secured low percentage in WBCHSE Board exam?
  14. Detailed information about Grad System in 12th Science exam of WBCHSE Board?
  15. Is there Improvement exam available in WBCHSE Board? Should I drop a year if secured less than 70% in Physics and Maths of 12th Board exam?
  16. Procedure to transfer in WBCHSE Board to study 11th Arts for a candidate who has secured 68.45% in 10th CBSE? List of schools which offers admission in Kolkata?
  17. Can I appear in NEET if secure 50% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  18. Can I get full scholarship to study MBBS in AIIMS if secured 91% in WBCHSE Board exam?
8th July 2015, 07:50 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I study BCA if secured 54% in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?

Yes of course. You are eligible to apply for BCA course. BCA i.e Bachelor of Computer Applications and the duration of this course is three years and the course is divided into six semesters. The course deals with computer application and development of the software. In this course you can learn all the basic concepts of the software.

To apply for the BCA course, you should have completed intermediate with mathematics from a recognized School or equivalent qualification. You must have secured at least 55% marks for general candidates and 50% marks for reserved categories. There are no entrance examination for BCA course, but few reputed institution may conduct the entrance examination. The percentage criteria differs from college to college.
8th July 2015, 08:29 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I study BCA if secured 54% in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?

Yes, you can join in BCA course, even if you have completed your 12th standard with only 54% of marks. There is no problem to get admission, because there are many colleges, which are offering admission in BCA course, for the candidates who have completed their 12th standard with minimum 50% of marks. So, try to join in BCA course and after completing the course, you can find a job in software and IT related sectors.
8th July 2015, 09:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have just passed 12th under WBCHSE Board in Science stream and didn't get the marks that I was expected and only I got 54% marks. So I want to know which way should I go and study Bachelor degree. i am thiking to do the BCA course. Should I?
Yes, you should study for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidates should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.

List of the best college for BCA course:-

Indian Institute of Management & Commerce (IIMC) ,Hyderabad

Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS) ,Bangalore

Prestige Institute of Management and Research ,Indore

Apeejay Institute of Management ,Jalandhar

Aryans Group of Colleges (AGC) ,Chandigarh

JK Business School (JKBS) ,Gurgaon

Indian Academy Group of Institutions ,Bangalore

IndraPrastha College of Management and Technology (ICMT) ,Jodhpur

Lovely Professional University ,Jalandhar

Management and Commerce Institute of Global Synergy ,Ajmer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?