20th September 2015, 07:05 PM
Unregistered

Will I be able to get science group in 11th after scoring 67% marks in 10th in kendriya vidalaya?

i just gave my 10 class exam. i think my number is around 67%.so i have tension that my school will not give me science that is correct or not. my school name is kendriya vidalaya which is locate in meerut .please give me correct opinnion.?

21st September 2015, 12:11 AM
gokul ka raja

Default Re: Will I be able to get science group in 11th after scoring 67% marks in 10th in kendriya vidalaya?

This is whole upon the school in which you want to take addmission that what is the processor of the school to give the addmission to the student in the different courses.
But if you have some another certificates like sc/st student certificate,sports certificates etc. are helpful to you in it.
21st September 2015, 12:28 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be able to get science group in 11th after scoring 67% marks in 10th in kendriya vidalaya?

It is possible and may not be possible because it totally depends upon the cut off of your school ,if it would be high then chances of your admission are very less and vice versa.

If you are interested in Science, then you can also change your school where cut off is low.

Generally,cut off that goes for Science in kendriya Vidyalaya is 76%.
21st September 2015, 05:53 PM
A Utkarsh
Junior Member+

Yes you can apply for admission in the Central School with this marks.
Following are the criteria to apply for the admission in Central School :
- You must have completed your 10th with atleast 55% marks.
- Result of class 10th and attendance of last school attended in previous school.
- Migration certificate of CBSE board.
- Transfer certificate.
- Original date of birth certificate.

Note: The above given information is criteria only it does not mean that securing this much only you can get the admission in Central School because the cut off marks goes very high due to tough competition and presence of the student with more than 90% marks.

So according to prior record 67% marks is not enough to get admission to the Central School in Science stream.
21st September 2015, 06:23 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

No, there is no problem, you can get admission in science stream in class 11th in your school only as the minimum requirements are shown below which you satisfy.

For Science stream with Mathematics, a minimum of C1 Grade is required in Mathematics, a minimum of C1 Grade in Science, Average Grade point including Mathematics and Science should be 6.5 and a minimum of 6.0 CGPA is required.
21st September 2015, 06:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Your Science and Maths marks will matter when you are looking for admission in Science with maths stream. You have mentioned the overall percentage which is 67% which is not so bad but most of the schools have high cut off these days.

If you have got excellent marks in maths and science then you have good chance of getting admission. You must apply for admission in as many schools as possible because cut off for admission is high these days.
21st September 2015, 07:18 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

The minimum required percentage in majority of school to provide science to students is 60%, but there are various reputed schools also, who have their own criteria that needs to be fulfilled by candidates in order to get admission in that particular school.

Therefore, you need to contact the school officials for admission and I am sure you will probably get admission in Science stream.
21st September 2015, 09:37 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are right that you might not get science stream in your school. However, it depends on the performance of other schoolmates and external applicants. There are chances of getting science stream so nothing to get disheartened. However, you should not take chances and should try to be on safer side. You should also apply in other schools for science stream so that you can keep options in your hand in case you do not get chance in your school.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?