27th March 2013, 05:51 PM
shakeel ahmed b.k

How can I join Indian Air Force?

how to join indian air force...Please ive me the details on how to do it

11th June 2013, 12:40 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I join Indian Air Force?

Those who have completed HSC can join air force by qualifying NDA. For this, you must have completed 12th class studies with physics and mathematics as subjects. Your age must be less than 19 years. Graduates have the option to join air force through CDS and AFCAT. Unmarried males below 23 years of age can apply.
11th June 2013, 02:35 PM
amit8570861100
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeel ahmed b.k View Post
you did not specify your qualification because there are two ways to join airforce
1.if You are 12th passed with science stream
:-then give the exam of nda taken by upsc twice in a year . For this you must be 18 to 27 year old. If you are from reserved category . Then for you relaxation in age.
2.the other way is that you have engineering degree then give the test of cdse every by upsc. Age required is 21 to 30 year. The maximum required qualification is just pass the degree.
11th June 2013, 03:24 PM
narenjuly8

After Passed Intermediate / 10+2 / Equivalent Examination with Mathematics, Physics and English, with minimum 50% marks in aggregate and 50% marks in English.
OR Three year Diploma Course in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electrical/Electronics/Automobile/Computer Science/Instrumentation Technology/Information Technology) from a Government recognized Polytechnic Institute with minimum 50% marks in overall aggregate and 50% marks in English in Diploma or in Intermediate/Matriculation, if English is not a subject in Diploma.
apply for NDA and CDSE tests conducted by IAF .For all entries other than NDA and CDSE and for all branches, candidates have to undergo the AFCAT.
11th June 2013, 06:19 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeel ahmed b.k View Post
You have not mentioned your qualification , there is a various level of entries in the Indian Air force . Indian Air force consist of have a Intermediate level , graduate level and Postgraduate level entries .

Indian Air force Examination ::
  • NDA Examination
  • CDS Examination
  • AFCAT Examination

NDA Eligibility Criteria ::

The Student need to possess the intermediate with Physics and Mathematics as important subjects of a recognized Institution or equivalent qualification and No percentage bar required to apply for NDA Examination . Final year of 12th board examination may also eligible to apply .

The student must have a minimum 16.5 years and maximum 19 years and No upper age limits is applicable . Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply . NDA Examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year .

CDS Eligibility Criteria ::

The Student need to possess the graduate degree with Physics and Mathematics as important subjects of a recognized Institution or equivalent qualification and No percentage bar required to apply for CDS Examination . Final year of degree course may also eligible to apply .

The student must have a minimum 19 years and maximum 23 years and No upper age limits is applicable . Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply . CDS Examination is conducted by UPSC twice in a year .

AFCAT Eligibility Criteria ::

AFCAT i.e Air force common Admission Test and this examination is conducted by Indian Air force Once in a year for recruitment of Flying branch , Technical Branch and Ground Duty .

Flying branch ::

The Student need to possess the graduate degree with Physics and Mathematics as important subjects of a recognized Institution or equivalent qualification and must secure at least 60% aggregate in marks of all paper .Final year of degree course may also eligible to apply .

The student must have a minimum 19 years and maximum 23 years and No upper age limits is applicable . Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply .

Technical Branch ::

The Student need to possess the aeronautical engineering mechanical or electronics of a recognized Institution or equivalent qualification .

The student must have a minimum 18 years and maximum 28 years and No upper age limits is applicable . Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply .

Ground Duty Branch ::

The Student need to possess the graduate degree or Postgraduate degree of a recognized Institution or equivalent qualification and must secure at least 60% aggregate in marks of all paper put together .

The student must have a minimum 20 years and maximum 27 years and No upper age limits is applicable .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?