28th May 2013, 11:51 PM
kvvprasadarao

Eligibility criteria for group I, II exam?

what is the eligibility criteria for group 1, 2 exams whether telugu medium student can pass the exams and when the exams will be conducted for the year 2013 pl.mail to following mail id: [email protected]

Related Questions:
22nd November 2013, 02:24 PM
shilpanaidu 123
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for group I, II exam?

appsc
APPSC Posts Details:

APPSC i.e Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission conducts every year Group I exams for various posts vacancies in Andhra Pradesh State government department.

Below are the post details and age limits specified by APPSC for Group I examination.
S.No Name of the Post Age Limit
1 Deputy Collectors in A.P. Civil Service Between 18 – 34 Years
2 Commercial Tax Officers in A.P. Commercial Taxes Service. Between 18 – 34 Years
3 Deputy Supdt. of Police (Civil) Cat-2 inA.P. Police Service Between 21 – 28 Years
4 Deputy Supdt. of Jails (MEN) in A.P. Jail Service Between 18 – 28 Years
5 Divisional Fire Officers in Fire & Emergency Services Between 21 – 26 Years
6 District Registrar in A.P. Registration andStamps Service Between 18 – 34 Years
7 District Tribal Welfare Officer in A.P.Tribal Welfare Service. Between 18 – 34 Years
8 District Employment Officer in Employment Service Between 18 – 34 Years
9 Asst. Treasury Officer/Asst. Accounts Officer in A.P. Treasury & Accounts Service. Between 18 – 34 Years
10 Deputy Registrar in A.P. Cooperative Service Between 18 – 34 Years
11 District Panchayat Raj Officers in Panchayat Raj Service Between 18 – 34 Years
12 Regional Transport Officers in A.P. Transport Service Between 18 – 34 Years
13 District Social Welfare Officer in A.P. Social Welfare Service. Between 18 – 34 Years
14 District B.C. Welfare Officer in B.C. Welfare Service Between 18 – 34 Years
15 Municipal Commissioner Grade-II in A.P. Municipal Administration Service Between 18 – 34 Years
16 Mandal Parishad Development Officer in in A.P. Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Service Between 18 – 34 Years
17 Lay Secretary / Administrative Officer in Medical and Health Between 18 – 34 Years
18 Assistant Prohibition & Excise Superintendent in A.P. Prohibition & Excise Service Between 18 – 26 Years
19 Assistant Audit Officer in A.P. Local FundAudit Service.

APPSC Eligibility criteria:

Applicant must be Indian.

Applicant must have above age limits. And age relaxation is under government norms i.e

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST and BCs Candidate’s.
10 years age relaxation for Physically Handicapped (PH) Candidates.
3 years age relaxation for Ex-Service men (3 years & length of service rendered in the armed forces).
years age relaxation for N.C.C (who have worked as Instructor in N.C.C) – 3 Years & length of service rendered in the N.C.C.
5 years age relaxation for A.P. State Government Employees (Employees of APSEB, APSRTC, Corporations, Municipalities etc. are not eligible) – 5 Years maximum based on the length of regular service.
3 years age relaxation for Retrenched temporary employees in the State Census Department with a minimum service of 6 months.

Educational qualification:

Applicants/Candidates must have Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University.

Selection procedure:

Written Examination followed by Personal/Oral Interview.

Exam Pattern:

Preliminary exam consists of General Studies & Mental Ability which is of Objective Type and

Main examination consists of five conventional type papers with degree standard syllabus. They are Paper – I ,Paper – II,Paper – III,Paper – IV and Paper – V and one General English paper with S.S.C standard syllabus

APPSC Group – 1 exam pattern details given below

APPSC Group – 1 Exam is Conducted in 3 Stages:

Preliminary Examination (Objective paper)
Main’s Examination (Conventional Type)
Interview/Oral Test

1) Preliminary Examination: This exam i.e screening exam is conducted to shortlist the applicants for next Mains Exam.Minimum qualifying marks will be given for reservation candidates as per the rules.

Preliminary Examination Subjects, Maximum marks, Time duration details given below:
Subject No.of Questions Maximum Marks Time Duration
General Studies & Mental Ability
(Objective Type) 150 150 2½ Hours
Total 150

2) Main Examination: Successful candidates who qualified the preliminary examination will write this Exam i.e Mains Exam which consists of Five papers in Conventional type.

The General English paper is of qualifying one and its marks are not counted for final ranking. All the question papers except General English may be answered either in English or Telugu or Urdu chosen by the candidate. Minimum qualifying marks will be given for reservation candidates as per the rules.

Main Examination Subjects, Maximum marks, Time duration details given below:
Subject Maximum Marks Time Duration
General English (Conventional Type) 150 3 Hours Time Duration for all conventional type Papers
Paper - I General Essay 150

Paper -II

i. History & Cultural heritage of India with emphasis on 20th century history of India.
ii. Social history of Andhra Pradesh i.e., the history of various social and cultural movements in Andhra Pradesh

iii. General overview of the Indian Constitution150

Paper -III

i) Planning in India & Indian Economy
ii) Land Reforms and social changes in Andhra Pradesh after independence

iii) Andhra Pradesh’s Economy, present status150

Paper -IV

The role and impact of Science &Technology in the development of India with emphasis on the applied aspects
ii) General awareness with the modern trends in life sciences.

iii) Development and environmental problems150

Paper – V

i) Data appreciation and interpretation
ii) The candidates will be asked to draw their own conclusion from the data presented in the tabular form in graphical or otherwise

iii) Problem solving – duly structured situation will be presented to the candidates and they will be asked to suggest their own solutions to the problem arising out of situation. Alternatively, they may be called upon to prove the understanding of the situation by answering certain searching questions based on the

situation150 Total750

3) Interview/Oral Test: Candidate’s who appeared and found eligible in Main exam will be called for Interview which carries 75 marks. In this Interview, the board will test the candidate’s attitude and decision making skills.
30th December 2017, 09:15 PM
nishanth60

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for group I, II exam?

Group-1 and Group-2 exams are conducted by Andhra Pradesh public service commission and candidates can appear the exam either in Telugu or English medium.
Eligibility for group-1 and group-2 exams :
* Graduation in any stream or an equivalent examination pass from government recognised college or university.
* Age limit to apply for group-1 exam is 18-42 years and for group-2 exam is 18-38 years and the age relaxations are :
-> 3 years for OBC candidates and state government employees
-> 5 years for SC and ST candidates
-> 10 years for Orthopedically challenged candidates.
* Selection process :
-> For group-1 exam, APPSC conducts preliminary test, main exam and personal interview. Preliminary test is just qualifying nature. And main exam is conducted in 5 papers and it is descriptive type. Personal interview will be conducted to the candidates who got shortlisted in main exam.
-> And selection process of group-2 exam is written test which is conducted in 3 papers and it is objective type test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?