27th December 2013, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering?

Sir,

Im gonna complete my B.E Mechanical (Part time), Am i eligible for doing "Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering (Formerly known as GME)"...??

Related Questions:
  1. How may I do Post graduation diploma in Marine engineering in Tamilnadu? List of good colleges offering this course? Is 4 year Marine course and this course equivalent?
  2. Am I eligible for CDAC after completing BSc with 73%?
  3. What is the Syllabus for IMU 2011 entrance exam?
  4. Is it possible to do law after B.Com? What should I do in Law?
  5. What is the eligibility criteria to get into good marine engineering college? What is the scope of doing marine engineering directly after diploma?
  6. Fee structure for various MBA programs?
  7. How can Mechanical Engineers get jobs on Ships?
  8. Which course should I prefer after scoring 50% in TY computer science?
  9. How to join marine engineering after passing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  10. Hi I am Sagar
  11. Short term courses after passing BCA?
  12. Am I eligible for Marine Engineering after scoring 65% in 12th? Fee structure for Marine Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Is NID a Degree Course? Qualifications needed for NID course?Procedure and fee structure of the course?
  14. Is it possible to do Marine Engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  15. Can an MBA pass out become a Lawyer? Any short term course available?
  16. Difference between Post graduate & Post graduate diploma? Post graduate diploma is applicable for government jobs?
  17. Best idea for my future study being a candidate having secured 50% in 10+2 PCM and interested in doing Job in Tata Motors?
  18. Which are the Marine Engineering Colleges? What are the qualifications required for entering Marine Engineering course? Can I get into Marine Engineering after doing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
5th January 2014, 08:12 AM
Experts
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility for Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering?

You are not eligible to apply for Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering. Only those who have passed degree course in regular from a reputed Institution and it is recognized by AICTE and then you are eligible to apply otherwise you are ineligible to apply.

Many Institution Offering the Post Graduate Diploma in Marine Engineering and they are :-

-->> Indian Maritime University
-->> Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training
-->> Dr .B.R Ambedkar Government Polytechnic

Eligibility for the course may differ from one institution to another institution. To apply for that course, you should have a completed B.E/B.Tech from recognized University or diploma in Mech, Marine, Electronics, Naval Architecture with 60% Marks in English in 10th Std or Intermediate(10+2) may also eligible to apply.

In case of applying the course from Maritime University, you must have a completed B.E/B.Tech (Mechanical or Naval Architecture) from AICTE approved Institutions or I.T.I with 50% Marks in English in 10th Std or Intermediate(10+2) may also eligible to apply and final year of degree with 50% may also eligible to apply. You must have attained the maximum 28 year of age at the time of training period and upper age limits is applicable for SC/ST and 2 years for female candidates.

Course Fees :- 3,00,000
Attached Files
File Type: pdf meri.pdf(105.1 KB, 237 views)
5th January 2014, 10:03 AM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

For the marine engineering diploma one need to have minimum qualification of the graduation degree with at least of 50% marks. So if you have minimum qualification of the graduation degree with atleast of 50% marks then surely you are eligible to apply for the Post graduate diploma course..

Note---Final year students are also eligible to apply for the post graduate courses.

Here are the some good colleges where you can think about to take admission in the Marine engineering diploma.

Indian Institute of Technology(IIT)
Hauz Khas, Delhi
011-26591770/26591791
http://iitd.ac.in

Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Nankari, Kanpur
0512-2597578/ 2597678/2597385/2597178
http://iitk.ac.in

Indian Institute of Technology(IIT)
Kharagpur 03222-255303/913222282232/913222283827
http://iitkgp.ac.in

Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) 44/A,
G S TRoad, Guindy,
Chennai 044-22578131/914422578030/22578060
http://iitm.ac.in

Indian Institute of Technology
Roorkee
01332-285714/ 285270/285209/285907
http://iitr.ac.in

Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences(BITS, Pilani)
Vidya Vihar
0159-6242013/6242211
http://bits-pilani.ac.in
5th January 2014, 10:39 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is surprising to see that you are aspiring for two fields and both are completely different fields. According to the professionals, it is always nice to sail in one boat rather than keeping foot on two boats. So it is advisable for you to go for only one field and excel in that. Going for mechanical as well as marine may not be fruitful since both the fields have a lot of materials to study. Both Mechanical Engineering and Marine Engineering have very good scope,so you can easily avail lucrative career options if you complete course in one field with a good performance. Moreover Marine engineering is a very challenging field which only has space for the efficient ones. However you can do post graduate diploma in Marine Engineering only if you qualify the entrance exam for admission into the marine engineering colleges after completion of your BE in Mechanical. There are three institutes which offer post graduate diploma course in Marine Engineering. They are as follows :-

Indian Maritime University, East Coast Road, Chennai
Affiliated to Indian Maritime University(Indian University)
Eligibility: IMU-CET

Marine Engineering and Research Institute (MERI), Mumbai
Eligibility: You need to B.E./B.Tech (Mechanical or Naval Architecture) from AICTE approved engineering colleges of India with minimum 50% marks in final year and minimum 50% marks in English in 10th or 12th standard.
Selection Procedure: On merit basis and an interview

International Maritime Institute,Uttar Pradesh
Eligibility :You need to have completed B.Tech in Naval Architecture or BE in Mechanical Engineering from AICTE approved colleges with minimum 60% marks and at least 50% in English in either 10th or 10+2. Along with this you must be fluent in written and spoken English.

Apart from these,you need to be medically fit.
1st October 2014, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

i am Divya chopra and right now i am persuing my B.E. IN COMPUTER SCIENCE SO AFTER MY B.E. CAN I PERSUE MM.TECH IN MARINE ENGINEERING
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?