26th September 2014, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to qualify HSC or Diploma student can also appear in JELET?

Is it necessary to be qualified in H.S. Sc. for apearing at the jelet exam for Govt. Engg Colleges? My candidate has passed Diploma in I.T. from AICTE approved Institution. Siddhartha Sankar Roy Asansol

1st October 2014, 06:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to qualify HSC or Diploma student can also appear in JELET?

No, it is not necessary to qualify HSC to appear for JELET exam, the candidates who have completed the Diploma course and who wish to seek admission to B.E/B.Tech courses can appear for the JELET exam.

To be eligible to appear for the JELET exam, you must satisfy the following eligibility criteria as mentioned below :-

1.You must be a citizen of India.

2.The Diploma holders have to pass Diploma examination from an AICTE approved institution with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) or the candidates who have passed XII standard with Mathematics as a subject from a recognised board are also eligible to appear for the JELET examination.

3.There is no age restriction for diploma holders of Engineering/Technology/ Pharmacy to get admission through JELET exam.

By satisfying the above mentioned eligibility criteria, the interested candidates can appear for the JELET exam. Since, your candidate has passed the DIPLOMA course from AICTE approved institution, he/she is eligible to appear for the JELET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?