24th January 2014, 12:27 PM

From where I should do MCA-Lateral/M.Sc (CS/IT)?

Hello everyone.
I'm a pass out of B Sc. Computer Science Hons 2013. My graduation percentage is 64%. I want to take admission in MCA-Lataral or MSc (CS/IT) this year. Basically I belong to a middle class financial background and paying lot of course fees is not possible for my family. So, I work as a part-time software developer to continue my studies. So I'm requesting you for information about the institutes from where I can complete my master's degree. My family can't pay my course fees, so after completing my BSc I worked hard and made a savings with that I can pay my course fee.
So its my kindest request to you all if you give me some good info of the institutes, I'll be very much thankful to you.
Thanks.
Krishanu

3rd March 2014, 10:09 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: From where I should do MCA-Lateral/M.Sc (CS/IT)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello everyone.
I'm a pass out of B Sc. Computer Science Hons 2013. My graduation percentage is 64%. I want to take admission in MCA-Lataral or MSc (CS/IT) this year. Basically I belong to a middle class financial background and paying lot of course fees is not possible for my family. So, I work as a part-time software developer to continue my studies. So I'm requesting you for information about the institutes from where I can complete my master's degree. My family can't pay my course fees, so after completing my BSc I worked hard and made a savings with that I can pay my course fee.
So its my kindest request to you all if you give me some good info of the institutes, I'll be very much thankful to you.
Thanks.
Krishanu
Hey friend,

It is good to see your interest in applying for Master's degree and you can do it after having completed B.sc in Computer Science.And if you are wishing to join in MCA course as a Lateral entry the things which are needed to be done are:

Note:

-> It is not clear whether you are wishing to join in as a Lateral entry for the course or you want to do a correspondence course.

First of all you need to satisfy the education qualification which is needed and it is that the candidate should have completed a Degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage and that can be in any stream of education and it is to be noted that you should have got Mathematics as subject in your respected +2.

The next thing is that you need to write the entrance exam as there are many entrance exams which are conducted in India and you should satisfy the eligibility conditions framed by the exam in order to apply.

If you tend to satisfy all these above then you can directly join in the 2nd year as Lateral entry in MCA Course in college

If you are trying to do the course in as a Correspondence then you would need to have applied for the university in which you wish to do.

ALL THE BEST
4th March 2014, 07:56 PM
ExpertAnswers
Senior Member+++

You can directly join in the lateral program in to the MCA as well as M.Sc IT colleges.So for that there are various colleges in India offers this course.Those universities list are given as follows,National Institute of Technology,Trichy;Jawaharlal Nehru University,New Delhi;National Institute o Technology,Surathkal;Pune Uniersity;Birla Institute of Technology,Ranchi;and more.

Some of the other colleges are National Institute of Technology,Calicut;PSG College of Technology,Coimbatore;Vellore Institute of Technology,Vellore;Pondicherry central university;ASMA Institute of Management,pune;and more.Basically the M.C.A course duration is of the 3 years.As you are going to enter in to the MCA under lateral entry scheme you will be going to pursue your MCA in an of 2 years only.

Chanderprabhu Jain Institute of Management & Technology,Delhi is a very good college offers M.Sc in Information Technology or M.Sc Computer Science.Soon afte completion of this you may find very good opportuntieis.To be eligible for the course ou must have passed PGDCA,PG Diploma in Information Technology,B.C.A/B.Tech courses.This college is affiliated to Guru Jambheshwar University of Sceince and Technology.You must first register to pay the payment charges,then sumbit the duly filled admission Application form along with your documents along with the Passport size photographs.And as you are going to join Lateral M.Sc IT/CS you will be studying this course for 1 years only.
28th March 2014, 11:15 PM
chandan singh matiyali

Is mca degree from ignou is valid for gov jobs ,upsc exam and other state gov jobs???????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?