30th June 2014, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

What would be the home state for the candidate who has completed 12th and appeared in JEE Main both from different states? For which state candidate can avail state quota seat?

I need expert comments (please comment only if you know the intricate details) on 'Home State Rank' for Home State Quota.

My problem here is :

If some one from state A (Domicile of State A) appears only for the eligibilty exam (XII or Intermediate exam) from State B (which now becomes State of Elilgibility as per JEE Main defination) and his/her entire schooling is done from State A, but appears his/her JEE Main from State B, what would be his/her 'Home State' from where he/she can avail his/her 'State Quota' seat.

Hope to find my solution on this forum.

9th January 2015, 09:14 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What would be the home state for the candidate who has completed 12th and appeared in JEE Main both from different states? For which state candidate can avail state quota seat?

Whenever you have to fill home state/domicile state, consider this :

1. If you have your birth certificate mentioning a particular state A, then you can use to it anywhere you need to State quota.

2. If you are living in some other state in last 3/4 years, then you can get domicile certificate of that state B from competent authority and use this certificate for state quota (in this case your previous one won't be considered).

You can't get state quota from both states, you can use only one.
So, in your case, you have to use State A.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?