19th July 2014, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Procedure for admission in MS at USA? Colleges in USA and total expenditure? Which exam to give?

My son is studying in B tech 4th Year in Computer Science in India . Scored 80 % in class x and 59.9 % in class XII . Wants to study in M S in USA.

1 What is the procedure for admission in MS in USA
2 What are the colleges of USA for this studying M S .
3 What are the expenditures
4 What exams are required to be given .

Regards

Pranab

Related Questions:
  1. How to take admission in USA for MS and what is the total expenditure? List of the best universities/colleges for MS in USA?
  2. How may I pursue nanotechnology course in USA? What will be its total expenditure?
  3. List of universities offering MS in computer science? What is the total expense of the course?
  4. How to apply for MS course from USA? Does work experience helps in getting good college?
  5. How can I get Admission in USA for Engineering after Diploma in IT? Minimum percentage required and scholarship?
  6. How to get admission in Electrical Engineering in India and USA? And what will be the total cost?
  7. Procedure to do BDS related studies in USA or UK? What is the procedure to join in USA or UK?
  8. How can I get admission in USA? What is the criteria?
  9. Are there any USA CFA exam centers in India? How to get admission in USA CFA? Procedure for registration and fee structure? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Scope for BDs student in USA? Procedure for further studies in USA? Fee structure of the same? Which all exams to answer?
  11. Procedure for admission in MIT Massachusetts USA? How to get admission in that college?
  12. How to do masters in Dental Surgery in USA? How to get scholarship for that?
  13. Percentage required in BSc IT to get admission in USA colleges? Which are the good colleges in USA?
  14. Can I get a scholarship in any university of USA,Cananda or English for doing Ph.D there? Procedure for admission in Ph.D?
  15. How to get admission in USA for different branch? List of the top colleges in USA and the entrance exams to be taken to get admitted?
  16. Eligibility, scholarship, Visa procedure and exam details about PhD in Biotechnology from USA?
  17. Which exams to give for Masters Pharma in USA?
  18. Detailed procedure for admission into MIT in USA? How can I get scholarship?
27th July 2014, 04:02 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure for admission in MS at USA? Colleges in USA and total expenditure? Which exam to give?

1. Procedure of admission :-
- Give the entrance exams based on which US universities take admission like GRE, TOEFL, IELTS, SAT.
- Apply online in the universities as per your score in the entrance exams.
- Provide the necessary documents, statement of purpose and resume.
- On getting selected by the universities, select one among them where you want to take admission.
- Confirm their admission request and apply for student VISA at the US consulate.

2. The colleges of USA are :-
The top colleges are:-
1. MIT CAMBRIDGE
2. Stanford University STANFORD
3. University Of California-Berkeley BERKELEY
4. Carnegie Mellon University PITTSBURGH
5. Cornell University ITHACA
6. Princeton University PRINCETON
7. California Institute Technology PASADENA
8. University Of Texas At Austin AUSTIN
9. Harvard University CAMBRIDGE
10. Univ Of Illinois At Urbana,Champaign URBANA
11. University Of Wisconsin-Madison MADISON
12. Univ Of California,Los Angeles Los Angeles
13. Yale University New Haven
14. University Of Maryland College Park College Park
15. Brown University PROVIDENCE
16. University Of Washington SEATTLE
17. Univ Of Massachusetts At Amherst AMHERST
18. Rice University HOUSTON
19. University Of Southern California Los Angeles
20. University Of Michigan Ann Arbor

3. Expenditure :-
Expenditure depend on the institute, course and the credit hours you take for the course. For eg if you take 3 credit hours for a course per semester then it may range to 9000$. Living cost depends on the area of your residence and usually ranges between 350-800$ per month.

4. Exams :-
- GRE
- TOEFL
Some universities also accept SAT and IELTS scores.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?