19th July 2014, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for admission to MS after clearing GRE? Universities in USA for higher studies like MS and PhD?

Dear sir,

If I had a drop for one year after my 10 2 and before joining my graduation ( B.Tech)

( because I could not get admission in desired branch/college in the first attempt)

How does it matter after clearing GRE and seeking admission in the Universities in the USA for higher studies like MS and PhD etc.

Please clarify

27th July 2014, 04:04 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for admission to MS after clearing GRE? Universities in USA for higher studies like MS and PhD?

A gap in your career is obviously a matter of concern since the foreign universities give good consideration to the resume and career of a student. However, it will not matter much if :-

- You have a good academic record in your entire career.
- You have work experience or excellent achievement in extra curricular activities.
- You have a good GRE and TOEFL score.

However, make sure you have a convincing answer to the question - why gap in your career? ready. This is because it will be a common question in the interviews which you are going to face in the future.

For universities in US in order to pursue higher studies like MS or phD, click here.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?