27th February 2015, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Archaeology in Post Graduation if completed B.Tech(ECE)? Basic difference between M.Phil and M.A.?

Hi...
I have completed my B.tech in Electronics and communications. I am interested in Archaeology department. I am searching for a way to enter into that field of study. I am confused between Master of arts in Archaeology and Master of Philosophy in Archaeology. Can someone tell me the difference? As i completed my Bachelor's degree in Technology(B.Tech) what are the chances for me in Archaeology. In which colleges I can join? Which tests I have to attempt?

Related Questions:
  1. Can science students opt Archaeology for graduation? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Can I do any geography oriented degree in future?
  3. In which college can I get admission after scoring 575.5 composite score?
  4. Fee particulars for completing Archaeology course? What is the basic salary offered to the candidates?
  5. Am I eligible to study Post Graduation in Economics being a B.Com graduate?
  6. What should I do to study B.Sc in Archaeology having scored 77% in 12th class? Best Colleges offering this course in India? What will be the syllabus for this course?
  7. Which course shall I join after completion of Intermediate having interest in Archaeology?
  8. Courses of Paleontology and Archeology in India? I am a student of 12th board exam
  9. Which subjects should I choose in Intermediate to join BA in Archaeology later? Best colleges offering BA in Archaeology?
  10. How to pursue a career in Archaeological after pursuing B.Tech from computer science?
  11. How can I take up Archaeology after studying B.A in 3rd year
  12. Can I apply for Ph.D after completing MCA course?
  13. University offering M.Phil in Human Rights? At what basis I can do M.Phil?
  14. M.Phil without any entrance exam? Difference between M.Phil and PhD?
  15. Information about M.Phil Environmental Science course? Fee structure of the course? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How can i become flight dispatcher in any good airlines? I've completed my graduation in B.Sc(IT)
  17. In which entrance exam I have to appear for studying Ph.D in Archaeology?
  18. What is the difference between part time and full time post graduation diploma
28th February 2015, 11:51 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Archaeology in Post Graduation if completed B.Tech(ECE)? Basic difference between M.Phil and M.A.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi...
I have completed my B.tech in Electronics and communications. I am interested in Archaeology department. I am searching for a way to enter into that field of study. I am confused between Master of arts in Archaeology and Master of Philosophy in Archaeology. Can someone tell me the difference? As i completed my Bachelor's degree in Technology(B.Tech) what are the chances for me in Archaeology. In which colleges I can join? Which tests I have to attempt?
Yes, of course you can study Master degree in Archaeology after completing B.Tech (ECE). Graduation in science stream is the basic qualification requirement for Master degree in Archaeology Course. Since, that you are stating that you are confused between Master of arts in Archaeology and Master of Philosophy in Archaeology. You are not eligible for Master of Philosophy in Archaeology after Graduation. You need to complete Complete Master degree course to be eligible for M.Phil. However, you can do B.A in Archaeology after completing Graduation.

The qualification must be obtained from a recognized University with minimum 50% marks in the same. Those who are pursuing the final year of graduation are also eligible to apply the course. Most of the institutions carry out their own entrance exam for the admission process. The marks obtained in the entrance exam acts as the basis for selection in the academic course.

Deccan College Post Graduate & Research Institute ,
Deccan College Road, Yerwada, Pune, Maharashtra, India - 411 006

Department of Ancient Indian History, Culture and Archaeology
Contact No:07662 - 233436
Email:[email protected]
16th June 2016, 08:56 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I study Archaeology in Post Graduation if completed B.Tech(ECE)? Basic difference between M.Phil and M.A.?

Am I eligible to study Master of archeology being a physics honours graduate?
27th February 2019, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

I AM STUDYING MY B.TECH IN ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATIONS.I AM VERY MUCH INTERESTED TO DO RESEARCH ABOUT THE EVOLUTION OF HUMAN AND GREEN PLANET.FOR THAT, I WANT TO PERUSE MY MASTERS IN ARCHAEOLOGY IN US.IS THERE ANY ENTERENCE EXAM TO DO THIS COURSE IN ABROAD! IF THERE,WHAT IS ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA!WHAT ARE THE INSTITUTES OFFERS MASTER IN ARCHAEOLOGY!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?