9th March 2015, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CAT if secured 47% in CAT being an OBC student?

Hello,
I m Ravi Kumar. I have done
with my B.Com and got 47% marks.
I am an OBC student so can I eligible for CAT?
With Regards-

10th March 2015, 01:04 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CAT if secured 47% in CAT being an OBC student?

I am really sorry to say that you are not eligible to apply for CAT (Common Admission Test) with 47% marks in Graduation. Since you have scored less percentage than what is required, you are not eligible to apply for CAT Examination with 47% in Graduation. Kindly go through the following important instructions.

Educational Qualification Required:

>> Candidates must have passed "Graduation" or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

>> Final year candidates pursuing graduation are also eligible to apply for CAT Examination. But they are supposed to submit Original certificates during admission into Post Graduate programs.

Minimum Percentage Criteria Required:

<<>> For SC/ ST Differently Ables Category candidates and Persons with Disability Category Candidates - Minimum 45% marks are required

<<>> For All Others (General Category or OBC Category Candidates) - Minimum 50% marks are required in Graduation.
11th March 2015, 10:37 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CAT if secured 47% in CAT being an OBC student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I m Ravi Kumar. I have done
with my B.Com and got 47% marks.
I am an OBC student so can I eligible for CAT?
With Regards-
As per marks criteria, you are not eligible for CAT entrance exam. But you are eligible for MAT entrance exam.

CAT stands for Common Admission Test. CAT examination is conducted by IIM's every year for admission in IIM and top level MBA colleges.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 50% marks are eligible for CAT exam. For SC/ST candidates the percentage is 45 % in graduation. There is no age limitation for the candidates. Final year student are also eligible for CAT exam.

Pattern for CAT exam:-

1.Data Interpretation.
2.Quantitative Aptitude.
3.Logical Reasoning.
4.Verbal Ability.

For more details about CAT exam, you can visit to the official website http://www.catiim.in
18th April 2017, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

How much percentage required for BD in distance for a general student ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?