23rd April 2015, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare in CAT to study MBA being a 12th Commerce Hindi medium student?

Hi
I am a Hindi medium student in 12th Commerce & Computer Application from Harda and I want to do MBA so how can I do best in CAT for doing MBA. Please give me answer because I didn't do any preparation for CAT.

24th April 2015, 04:05 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare in CAT to study MBA being a 12th Commerce Hindi medium student?

The full form for CAT is Common Admission Test.It is an entrance exam conducted at the national level by IIM for admission in management programmes.This is an online exam conducted every year.

The qualification needed for CAT exam are ;

-The candidate must have completed graduation with minimum 50%(45% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate from a recognized university.The candidates who are in the final year of any course can also apply for the exam.

-There is neither age bar nor the no.of attempts limit to apply for the exam.

-The selection procedure is completed in three stages.These are

* Written exam

* Group discussion

* Interview.

To prepare for the CAT exam,you should pay more attention on topics like Mathematics,English proficiency and usage, reading comprehension,reasoning and logic,data sufficiency and data interpretation.
24th April 2015, 06:59 PM
aide006

Arrow Re: How can I prepare in CAT to study MBA being a 12th Commerce Hindi medium student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi
I am a Hindi medium student in 12th Commerce & Computer Application from Harda and I want to do MBA so how can I do best in CAT for doing MBA. Please give me answer because I didn't do any preparation for CAT.
Its not going to be easy for you to crack CAT. But don't worry it is not impossible to crack CAT for students from your kind of educational background. Many of them in past have proved successful with their sincere efforts and perseverance . If you are also ready for such a challenge then you will also crack CAT.

In your question you it is not clear whether you had completed your degree or not. Assuming you have completed graduation level study as it is mandatory to be eligible for CAT exam. I am moving ahead to answer your query.

For a student like you from Hindi background the main difficult hurdle will be English. CAT expects professional English speaker who are well aware of rules of grammar and who can understand business related terms etc.,

Solve previous year question paper to understand your level of comfort in various sections of CAT paper. They are:-
  • Quantitative Ability
  • Data Interpretation
  • Logical Reasoning
  • Verbal Ability

Quant & DI will come under mathematics category and Logical Reasoning and Verbal Ability will come under English broadly again there will verbal reasoning, grammatical skills, etc., in English.

After identifying areas where you need to put more efforts it will become easier for you to draw a strategy for preparation. Planning, Implementation, Giving Mocks, Analyzing the same is the most important things you need to do in your preparation.
25th April 2015, 03:12 PM
PATHGUIDE

Default Re: How can I prepare in CAT to study MBA being a 12th Commerce Hindi medium student?

CAT Combined admission test for MBAs is one of the toughest exams. But with sincere efforts, proper guidance, coaching and hard work you can crack it.

Solve last year question papers as much as you can.
Also focus on your strong parts which are asked in CAT exam.
Refer good books for different sections of the exam that are : Quantitative aptitude, Data interpretation, Logical reasoning and Verbal ability.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?