30th May 2015, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Physics in Annamalai University?

Sir/Mam,

I completed m.sc physics in annamalai university, correspondence . am i eligibility for doing phd through RESET. Can someone please let me know the eligibility criteria which is followed for applying for Ph.D? Awaiting for the reply soon as possible!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D through RESET after completing MSc Physics from Annamalai University?
  2. Eligibility to pursue Ph.D in Physics after M.Sc from any good university in India if secured 54% in B.sc?
  3. Can I apply for Ph.D. in government institutions after distant M.Sc. (Psychology) from Annamalai University?
  4. How to be an astronaut after 12th commerce with Maths?
  5. How can I attend PhD Physics? Details of university/college in Kerala for M.Sc Physics?
  6. Am I eligible to study PhD if pursuing 2nd year of M.Sc(Physics)?
  7. Am I eligible to do PhD after completion of MBA being in CA articleship?
  8. Procedure to do Ph.D in Zoology in Pondicherry University? I have finished my MSc Zoology in Annamalai University
  9. MSc Physics distance education last date? What is the fee structure for MSc Physics in distance education in Annamalai University
  10. How and where can I join PhD in Industrial Biotechnology? Name of institutes and their requirements?
  11. Can I study PhD in Physics at IIT being a M.Sc 1st year student? List of institutes which offer PhD in Physics program in India?
  12. What is the eligibility for M.Phil and Ph.D in Delhi University?
  13. Which Physics related subject should I choose for PhD?
  14. Eligibility to study PhD in Physics for M.Sc candidate?
  15. Universities/institutions offering PhD in chemistry? Entrance Exams for admission in PhD? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. How can I get admission to study correspondence PhD in Physics being a Lecturer?
  17. Can I direct give the entrance test of IIAP after my class 12th? What is the eligibility?
  18. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc in Electronics?
30th May 2015, 07:02 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Physics in Annamalai University?

Yes, you can apply for Ph.D admission if you have got at 55% marks in M.Sc Physics from a recognized University. Annamalai University is a recognized University, therefore, you should not worry about anything. There is relaxation of 5% marks for candidates who belong to reserved category.

Admission is mainly based on merit and you have to appear for entrance exam and interview before admission. Performance in these stages will help you to get admission in a given University. For those who have got NET/SLET/JRF/GATE score then you can get exemption from entrance exam stage.
30th May 2015, 08:55 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc Physics in Annamalai University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I completed m.sc physics in annamalai university, correspondence . am i eligibility for doing phd through RESET. Can someone please let me know the eligibility criteria which is followed for applying for Ph.D? Awaiting for the reply soon as possible!
You have completed M.Sc degree in Physics so you are eligible for Ph.D admission through RESET exam.

Eligibility criteria for RESET exam for Ph.D admission:-

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria for Ph.D admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?