30th May 2015, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

What is the marks criteria required in B.E to do Ph.D after M.Tech?

What is the marks criteria required in B.E to do Ph.D after M.Tech? What all the advantages we will have after completion of Ph.D? Kindly provide me the complete eligibility criteria which is required to do Ph.D in order to see if I can take the next step or not.

30th May 2015, 02:07 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the marks criteria required in B.E to do Ph.D after M.Tech?

The minimum educational qualification is that the candidate must have a masters degree from a recognized institute/ college with a minimum of 50% marks. Candidate who have completed M.Tech in relevant discipline with a minimum of 60% marks and should have 60% aggregate marks in class 10th, class 12th and B.Tech/ B.E are eligible to apply for the Ph.D programme.

Candidates who have qualified with valid score in GATE/ GPAT/ SET/ NET/ JRF/ SRF/ CSIR in last 2 years are exempted from the entrance examination.
30th May 2015, 04:56 PM
candycrush

[QUOTE=Unregistered;5055029]What is the marks criteria required in B.E to do Ph.D after M.Tech? What all the advantages we will have after completion of Ph.D? Kindly provide me the complete eligibility criteria which is required to do Ph.D in order to see if I can take the next step or not.[/QUOTEq
Admission to PhD programme eligibility criteria may vary from the institute to institute and in fact from department to department.

However the common criteria for PhD admission to all the Indian unveaitiea are:

1. Should have secured minimum 6.0(on a 10. Point scale) CGPA
2. B.E or B.Tech followed by M.E or M.Tech
3. Should have secured minimum 6.0 in the programme of M.tech

Benefits

1. PhD holders primarility go for either research or for teaching activity.
2. Scope ranges from teaching in any reputed institution to doing research activity for any department
3. Phd programmed of government institutions pays stipent of Rs 18000 per month plus a stipent sum of 36000 once in a year

Some institutes like IIT Kanpur offers a degree program in PhD straight from the B.tech programme

Students would require to qualify for gate exam followed by gd/pi.
30th May 2015, 08:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the marks criteria required in B.E to do Ph.D after M.Tech? What all the advantages we will have after completion of Ph.D? Kindly provide me the complete eligibility criteria which is required to do Ph.D in order to see if I can take the next step or not.
You have completed M.Tech degree so you are eligible for Ph.D degree. Ph.D degree admission doesn't require any percentage marks in B.Tech degree.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

If you have completed masters degree with above 55% marks from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?