22nd April 2015, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study PhD in Physics for M.Sc candidate?

Respected Sir,
I am doing M.Sc in Physics .
I have to do PhD in Physics.
So, am I eligible for PhD in Physics?
Waiting for your reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to study PhD if pursuing 2nd year of M.Sc(Physics)?
  2. Information about the universities in abroad where i can study MSc Physics and Ph.D? I am a Physics graduate
  3. Can I study PhD in Physics at IIT being a M.Sc 1st year student? List of institutes which offer PhD in Physics program in India?
  4. Detailed procedure to study PhD in Physics in University of Cambridge for M.Sc candidate?
  5. Eligibility to pursue Ph.D in Physics after M.Sc from any good university in India if secured 54% in B.sc?
  6. How can I get admission to study correspondence PhD in Physics being a Lecturer?
  7. Eligibility to study PhD in Forensic Science for M.Sc(Nursing) candidate? List of institutes in Maharashtra?
  8. Schorarship for PhD in physics in Germany?
  9. Which Physics related subject should I choose for PhD?
  10. Can I study PhD in USA with GRE scorecard after completing M.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  11. How can I attend PhD Physics? Details of university/college in Kerala for M.Sc Physics?
  12. Guidance for correspondence PhD Physics?
  13. Procedure to get admission to study PhD in Physics at Mumbai University for a candidate who has completed M.Phil and B.Ed from Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam?
  14. How can I get full scholarship to study in Germany to study Plasma Physics?
  15. How to study MSc Physics after scoring 69.5%?
  16. Which subject should I choose after pursuing Ph.D in Physics?
  17. IGNOU offers Integrated PhD in Physics/Astrophysics program for M.Sc 1st semester student?
  18. Eligibility for Ph.D after B.Sc (Computers) and M.Sc (IT)? M.Phil necessary? Does M.Tech help before Ph.D? -- [Most Discussed]
23rd April 2015, 12:05 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Eligibility to study PhD in Physics for M.Sc candidate?

Yes of course, you are absolutely eligible to apply for Ph.D in Physics after completing M.Sc course in Physics. But, you have to crack the entrance examination, which is conducted by their respective university. The entrance exam notification will be published in the month of January/February in the official website of their respective university. The application forms will be received only online mode. There is no offline mode of application forms.

Eligibility Criteria: An applicant should have completed Master Degree in a related subject from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. Applicant must have secured at least 60% marks (55% marks for reserved categories). Applicant who is appearing in the final year of master degree may also apply.
23rd April 2015, 12:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I am doing M.Sc in Physics .
I have to do PhD in Physics.
So, am I eligible for PhD in Physics?
Waiting for your reply.
Yes, you are eligible for Ph.D in Physics because you are doing M.Sc degree in Physics.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Your age should be below 28 years for JRF post.
24th April 2015, 11:47 AM
AFROZ CHOWKI

Hello friend,you will be eligible for PhD in physics,if you got 60% in MSc physics for general category and 55% for sc/st/obc students.Further you have to give PhD ENTRANCE TEST like JEST,CSIR,NET and then you can apply online to any university for PhD PHYSICS.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?