30th May 2015, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.d in Geography with 55% marks in Masters degree?

Sir/Mam,

Can I do PhD in geography without getting 55% marks in master degree?? Am I eligible to do that? Can you please guide me with the steps which I need to follow now to apply for the Ph.D and get admission for it? How much time would it take?

30th May 2015, 02:29 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.d in Geography with 55% marks in Masters degree?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Ph.D in geography.

The minimum eligibility criteria is that the candidate must have passed masters degree with atleast 55% marks in aggregate from a recognized college/ institute.

The candidate need to apply for the respective universities when the notification is released.

The Universities which offer this course are

1. Jamia Millia Islamia university

2. University of Calcutta

3. University of Delhi

4. Punjab university

The candidate has to appear for an entrance examination which is held by respective universities.

There is an exemption for the candidate's who have valid GATE/ GPAT/ NET/ SET/ CSIR score.
30th May 2015, 09:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.d in Geography with 55% marks in Masters degree?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Can I do PhD in geography without getting 55% marks in master degree?? Am I eligible to do that? Can you please guide me with the steps which I need to follow now to apply for the Ph.D and get admission for it? How much time would it take?
If your masters degree marks is below 55% then you are not eligible for Ph.D in Geography.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

There is no age criteria for Ph.D course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?