26th May 2011, 12:57 PM
athithi

Are the books and syllabus for IPS and IAS entrance exam the same? Complete information about the books to be referred for CSAT exam?

Is the sylabus and books for IPS and IAS entrance CSAT are same or different can you plz provide a complete information about it and books to be refered for CSAT of all the subjects i can attend coaching classes so plz suggest THE BEST books and authores

28th June 2011, 04:00 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Are the books and syllabus for IPS and IAS entrance exam the same? Complete information about the books to be referred for CSAT exam?

Read news magazines daily. ncert books from class 6th to class 10th for all subjects geo for class 11th and class 12th as well history of class 11th atleast.read GK books.some good book for G.S -pratiyogita darapan,
pratiyogita vikas.

Syllabus :-Paper I - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours

Current events of national and international importance
History of India and Indian National Movement
Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
General Science.

Paper II - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours

Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. -Class X level)
English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
1st July 2011, 10:46 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Are the books and syllabus for IPS and IAS entrance exam the same? Complete information about the books to be referred for CSAT exam?

i want to join in police and serve the people
1st July 2011, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by athithi View Post
Is the sylabus and books for IPS and IAS entrance CSAT are same or different can you plz provide a complete information about it and books to be refered for CSAT of all the subjects i can attend coaching classes so plz suggest THE BEST books and authores
reply me
6th July 2011, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

whts the eliglibility 4 ips
7th July 2011, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

which is the frist exam want to right for ips
20th July 2011, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

Is botany and biochemistry can be chose for main exam?
6th August 2011, 01:34 PM
Unregistered

best book in prilim exam
8th August 2011, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

which course should we take after 2nd p u c
14th August 2011, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

what the subject i can opt for ips exams,i am graduated from electronics&communication engineering.?
7th October 2011, 01:20 PM
Unregistered

Are the books for IAS and IPS is same?
30th December 2011, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my 1 st year...how can i prepare for ias exam?
18th January 2012, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

i,m doing my t.y.b.com... how can apply for ips & which book is most imp for preparing for exam?
21st April 2012, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

respected sir,
i m persuing the bsc it ....i become the ips training after bsc it.......so how to prepare for ips exam?
4th June 2012, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Best books for IAS Preparation?
29th July 2012, 05:19 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

IPS is conducted by upsc twice in year
month of june and december.
For applying IPS you should have
complete your graduation with
minimum 55%.
Age limit between 21 to 30 years.

Here is best book for IPS:

-UPSC Syllabus Civil Service Examination
by Student Aid Publications Publisher:
Student Aid Publications

-UPSC Civil
Services Preliminary Exam: General
Studies Solved Papers Publisher: Upkar
Prakashan (2008)

-UPSC Civil Services Preliminary
Examination Paper-I In 60 Days by
Rakesh Dwivedi UPSC Portal: CSAT
portal Publications (2011)

-UPSC Portal: Current Affairs For IAS
(PRE) 2011(Part-I) by S. A. Majid
Publisher: Upsc Portal Publications
(2011)

-India 2011 by Vivek Kumar Singh CSAT

-(paper II) by Manish
Ranjan,Annita,Rajneesh Singh,Kiran Bedi
Publisher: Cl India (2012)

all the best
22nd November 2012, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

If anyone got 50% marks in his degree,is he eligible to appear for ips exam?
1st December 2012, 12:19 AM
Viraj0013

IPS is conducted by upsc twice in year
month of june and december.
For applying IPS you should have
complete your graduation with
minimum 55%.

Age limit between 21 to 30 years.

Here is best book for IPS:

-UPSC Syllabus Civil Service Examination
by Student Aid Publications Publisher:
Student Aid Publications

-UPSC Civil
Services Preliminary Exam: General
Studies Solved Papers Publisher: Upkar
Prakashan (2008)

-UPSC Civil Services Preliminary
Examination Paper-I In 60 Days by
Rakesh Dwivedi UPSC Portal: CSAT
portal Publications (2011)

-UPSC Portal: Current Affairs For IAS
(PRE) 2011(Part-I) by S. A. Majid
Publisher: Upsc Portal Publications
(2011)

-India 2011 by Vivek Kumar Singh CSAT
14th February 2013, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir
Im hari rathodd. Studying B pharmacy 3rd year .
is there any pharmacy related subject as optional
subject.if not which subject can I choos as optional
subject except chemistry.
12th May 2013, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

after complite my b.tech , how can i preaper for ies.
13th May 2013, 06:46 PM
Unregistered

Hy i m anshika
I have completed b.com final year. What studies i should do for IAS.
21st June 2014, 08:29 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
its compulsory that humanity stream student also be having botany and other science related subject?
Reply soon so i prepare accordingly....................................... ....
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?