6th February 2012, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get admission for MCA course in any university having completed Diploma in Computer Applications?

I have ompleted Diploma in Computer Applications, i want to do MCA in any university what is the procedure to do that

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do MCA course if I have completed diploma in Information technology?
  2. How to take M.Tech if I am a student of BCA?
  3. Am I eligible to take admission for MCA from Pune University? -- [New]
  4. Diploma in IT holder can take admission in B.Tech Computer or Electronics and Communication?
  5. Eligibility criteria to join MCA in Delhi University? Procedure to get admission for this?
  6. Which exam to write for doing Ph.D in Computer Applications?
  7. Admission procedure to study PhD in Computer Application for a candidate who has secured 67% in MCA?
  8. Procedure for admission to MCA from Mumbai university? Can i take admission in the current year?
  9. In which university I will get admission to study PhD in Computer Science if pursuing MCA in IGNOU? Procedure to get admission?
  10. MCA from Delhi University: Procedure of admission and application forms filling -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Eligibility and requirements to study MS(Computer Science) in Stanford University for MCA 4th semester student?
  12. Am I eligible for B.Tech or M.Tech after passing HS from Arts
  13. Can I directly do software engineering without reading 11th, 12th
  14. Procedure to take admission in MCA after completing diploma in software engineering?
  15. How to get admission in B.Tech 2nd year in PEC or Punjab University after completing diploma in Computer Engineering?
  16. Is MCA a better option or should I do another course? Registered MCA colleges in Mumbai?
  17. MDU Rohtak, MCA / PGDCA / APGDCA - 5th Semester Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. How to become a software engineer after passing B.A?
7th February 2012, 02:06 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission for MCA course in any university having completed Diploma in Computer Applications?

The minimum educational qualification required for MCA is
either a BCA degree or
a B.Sc.(or equivalent) degree with at Mathematics as one of the main subjects.
Also Mathematics in 12th is compulsory for non BCA graduates.

So if you have to do MCA in future you should have graduation degree which fulfills
the above criteria.

Diploma in Computer Application is a certificate course which people do for
awareness about computer and getting familiar with it.
The Diploma in Computer Application course is neither equivalent to 12th nor Graduation.

So, I would suggest you to do a BCA or B.Sc. degree (with maths.) for securing your
eligibility for the MCA course.
7th February 2012, 02:30 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission for MCA course in any university having completed Diploma in Computer Applications?

dear friend,
My friend to get admission in MCA course , one has to qualify in entrance exams like- NIMCET, JECA etc..

To appear in any of these exams you have to fulfill some eligibility criteria first..

Eligibility criteria for MCA entrance exams:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in any trade.

2.Candidate must have had maths or stats in 12th class.

These are the minimum eligibility criteria one has to fulfill.

So, after completion of diploma course you will not be able to apply for MCA course..

For that you have to complete the bachelor degree course..

All the best..
7th February 2012, 03:09 AM
farazh

Re: Procedure to get admission for MCA course in any university having completed Diploma in Computer Applications?

The minimum educational qualification required for MCA is
either a BCA degree or
a B.Sc.(or equivalent) degree with at Mathematics as one of the main subjects.
Also Mathematics in 12th is compulsory for non BCA graduates.

U MUST FULFILL THE ABOVE CRITERIA FOR MCA.

Diploma in Computer Application is a certificate course which people do for
awareness about computer and getting familiar with it.
The Diploma in Computer Application course is neither equivalent to 12th nor Graduation.

So, I would suggest you to do a BCA or B.Sc. degree (with maths.) for securing your
eligibility for the MCA course. Otherwise you cant do MCA with diploma in computer applications.

Good luck
24th May 2012, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

HOW TO GET ADMISSION IN MS UNIVERSITY FOR BCA?
7th June 2012, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

cut off marks required for mca?
18th July 2012, 03:17 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i have completed Bsc nursing with 66% marks.Earlier i did my 2 (science group with maths as a subject) and passed with distinction and 86% marks. can i join for mca course in my future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?