29th July 2015, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility for assistant professor? Am I eligible for Assistant Professor after completing post graduation 24 years back with 53%?

I am competed my Post graduation in april 1991 with 53% of aggreegate marks and working as reasearch assitant and doing phd can i eligible for assistant professor post

31st July 2015, 12:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for assistant professor? Am I eligible for Assistant Professor after completing post graduation 24 years back with 53%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am competed my Post graduation in april 1991 with 53% of aggreegate marks and working as reasearch assitant and doing phd can i eligible for assistant professor post
Yes, after completion of your Ph.D course you are eligible for Assistant Professor post.

Eligibility for Assistant Professor :-

1. You must have Ph.D degree

or

2. You must qualify in UGC NET/ CSIR NET/ SET/ SLET entrance exam.
31st July 2015, 09:54 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility for assistant professor? Am I eligible for Assistant Professor after completing post graduation 24 years back with 53%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The minimum educational qualification required for Assistant Professor is PhD in relevant specialization or equivalent qualification from a recognized university. The selection will be based on the NET/SLET entrance exam Interview. Since, you have already completed PhD course. So, I suggest you to appear and qualify in the NET/SLET entrance exam, which is mandatory in order to get Lecturer job in Government colleges.
31st July 2015, 06:45 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, but, you are not eligible to apply for the post of assistant professor as you haven't secured the minimum required percentage of marks in your PG degree .

The candidates who wishes to become assistant professor in government university has to appear for the NET exam.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test .

NET exam is conducted by UGC (university grant commission) twice a year in the month of June and September .

The eligibility criteria for assistant professor are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have passed Post Graduation degree in related subjects with a minimum of 55% marks .The candidates who are appearing for final exam of their degree can also apply for the exam.

-There is no upper age limit to apply for the post of assistant professor.
17th January 2017, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for the post of assistant professor with Ph.D thesis submission proof ?
10th October 2019, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am 24 year old from general category girl I have 53 percent in post graduation from English can I apply for UGC net
13th September 2021, 12:20 AM
Minal F

Here I attach the PDF file you will get full information for Assistant Professor
Attachments Pending Approval
File Type: pdf 3-Qualifications-for-appointment-of-Assistant-Professors.LSR-College (1).pdf
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?