22nd September 2015, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

Is masters from IGNOU treated equal as like the regular masters?

Hi,

I am doing masters from IGNOU, is it equally treated with regular masters? and am i eligible to do Ph.D from top regular universities like regular masters students ???? plsss help me. It will be really helpful if you can provide me the answer.

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to do Masters in social work from IGNOU through distance learning while doing regular masters?
  2. How is PGDM equal to an MBA(Masters)? Which is preferred more, Masters or PGDM? Is Chetna and IES a good college for PGDM?
  3. Can I get a dual masters degree in the same subject with one year's difference in academic session?
  4. Which branch should I choose for doing MBA? I'm pursuing B.Tech(IT)
  5. Is there any difference in joining masters program through correspondence and regular basis?
  6. Eligibility for Masters from IGNOU?
  7. Is it beneficial to study MS in Abroad instead of India?
  8. List of the universities in Germany in structural civil engineering in Ph.D?
  9. Courses available to study for B.Sc(Home Science) male graduate?
  10. Why IGNOU does not offer masters degree for Physics? Which course I can take up now?
  11. Why IGNOU does not offer Masters degree program?
  12. Why IGNOU does not offer masters degree program?
  13. What is the syllabus for doing masters in economic through correspondence mode?
  14. How may I do my Masters in Law through Correspondence? I've done my LLB degree from Madras university in B.Tech at Madras Law college on a regular 5 years integrated course and secured 48% marks
  15. List of universities in Germany that offer MS courses in Civil engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  16. IGNOU Masters in Tourism Management- Marketing for the Tourism Managers Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. Criteria to apply for Masters in English from Open university? Degree from open university is valued equal to renowned universities?
  18. What is the eligibility to do masters in US, UK and germany? I have more than 6 backlogs
2nd October 2015, 06:17 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is masters from IGNOU treated equal as like the regular masters?

According to various PH.D admission notification there is no discrimination if you have done distance mode post graduation from a recognized distance mode university. Hence, don't worry and apply for admission when admission is announced.

Just make sure that you have got above 55% marks in your lost graduation which is the minimum requirement for PH.D admission in India. There is relaxation of 5% marks available for reserved category candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?