22nd October 2015, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

Bank deducts few amount in sanctioned education loan? Should I apply for an education loan above total expenses?

Hi,
I came to know that Bank will deduct some amount in education loan first then handed it to the college. Is it true? If yes then I should apply for more amount of education loan against the total expenses?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to get the education loan if I am from a poor family?
  2. How much subsidy I will get if taken Education Loan of Rs. 3.4 Lacs?
  3. What to do if Bank says that they do not provide loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Whether Bank incur Internship expenses if pursuing MBA through Education Loan?
  5. How should i approach for education loan being from a poor family background?
  6. Can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 6.75 Lacs to study MBA without Immovable property?
  7. How can I apply to get Education Loan from Indian Bank to study B.Tech? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
  8. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  9. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan to study MS(HRD) in The University of Central Lancashire, UK if working in Dubai being an Indian? How much amount of Education Loan will be sanctioned without Guarantor?
  10. Interest rates charges against Education Loan by Andhra Bank for B.Tech course? Documents required to apply for Education Loan?
  11. Criteria for getting subsidy on Education Loan Interest?
  12. How can I get Bank Education Loan of Rs. 16 Lacs to study MS in UK? Can I repay Loan after getting job? Do I have to Mortgage the property to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  13. Education loan is possible after completing 1st semester backlog in 2nd semester of
  14. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan for the remaining expenses to study MS in USA with scholarship?
  15. Whether a Bank offer Education Loan by evaluating property?
  16. Can I get Bank Education Loan of overall expenses to study MS in Abroad?
  17. How much amount will be sanctioned in Bank Education Loan to study MS in USA?
  18. How much amount I will get in Bank Education Loan to study MS in UK? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
24th October 2015, 02:32 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Bank deducts few amount in sanctioned education loan? Should I apply for an education loan above total expenses?

1. First of all, you cannot apply for education loan which is more than the total study expense of the concerned course as the bank will check all the fee structure documents of the concerned institute before sanctioning loan. If found more, it will simply reject the loan request.

2. A certain amount of money is needed to paid by you during every disbursement of loan amount. This amount of money is know as marginal amount as a security. It depends on the amount which you are taking as education loan, like for loan between 4.5 lakhs and 7.5 lakhs, it is 15%. So every time the bank disburses loan for your college fee you need to pay 15% of the disbursement amount to the bank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?