31st October 2015, 09:46 PM
Unregistered

Need information about Nautical Science courses after Engineering graduation?

Dear Sir,

I am an Engineering graduate in the stream of Mechanical Engineering. I wish to join any Nautical Science course like HND - Nautical Science (or) Diploma in Nautical Science (or) Deck Cadet. Please kindly let me know about the course?

My Bio- Data

Name : JAGANATHAN.N

D.O.F. & Age : 26-03-1984 & 26

Qualification

B.E. - 65%

12th - 65%

10th - 75%

E-Mail ID : [email protected]

Thank you,

With kind regards,
Jaganathan

30th May 2017, 12:24 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Need information about Nautical Science courses after Engineering graduation?

Eligibility criteria for Nautical Science course: There are three main things that are taken into consideration such as Educational qualification, Physical & Medical fitness and age of the candidate.
Educational Qualification:
1) For a senior secondary student, it's necessary to have 50-60% marks in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths from a recognized board in order to get admission for diploma in Nautical Science.
2) For B.Sc degree holder, it's necessary to have 50-60% marks in aggregate from a recognized board/university.
3) Engineering (B.E./B.Tech.) graduates may also pursue this course. Minimum marks exist between 50-60% marks in final year of Degree program from a recognized university.
Physical Fitness:
1) A candidate should be physically and mentally fit as per Merchant Shipping Standards.
2) Eye sight of the candidate must be 6/6 on each eye without any eye glasses.
3) Candidate must not be suffering from color or night blindness.
Age Limit:
Candidate should not be more than 25 years of age at the time of admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?