9th December 2015, 01:49 PM
JAYDIPSINH JADEJA

Can I join NDA being B.Com 2nd semester student?

Dear sir i am pass the 12th with commerce and i also study in B.Com sem-2. So i want to ask you can i join NDA ? What is procedure?

Related Questions:
9th December 2015, 05:01 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I join NDA being B.Com 2nd semester student?

The age limit for National Defence Academy entrance exam for is 16.5-19.5 years for unmarried male candidates of all category. There is no upper age relaxation for candidates of any category.

So, if your age is within specified limit, you can apply for NDA exam. Second most important thing is that being a commerce stream candidate in 10+2, you will be eligible for Indian Army only if you clear written test and SSB.

For Navy and Airforce, a candidate must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics at 10+2 level.
9th December 2015, 05:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for National Defence Academy exam only when your age limit is between 16.5-19.5 years. Second criteria is that you must be unmarried male.

Third important thing is that commerce stream candidates will be only eligible for Indian Army only. Science stream candidates can apply for all wings of Defence.

Procedure:

1. If you meet eligibility criteria, when notification will come, you need to apply for exam at http://www.upsconline.nic.in. After that give exam and clear both written test and SSB to join Army.
9th December 2015, 06:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYDIPSINH JADEJA View Post
Dear sir i am pass the 12th with commerce and i also study in B.Com sem-2. So i want to ask you can i join NDA ? What is procedure?
If you have fulfill below given age criteria, then you are eligible for NDA exam.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam. Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.

Procedure for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

Written test is conducted by UPSC but other 3 steps are conducted by SSB.
9th December 2015, 06:22 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Yes you can join NDA on your intermediate qualification base. You can apply for the NDA Indian Military exam. You can apply for the NDA-II 2016 exam. NDA-I 2016 exam filling date are past. For NDA-II 2016 exam you should have following eligibilities:
The Candidate should be a citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan, Or a subject of Nepal.
Only Unmarried Candidate can apply for the exam.

Age criteria:
The applicant should not be born before 2nd July 1998 and not after than 1st July 2001 are eligible to apply.

Qualification:
For Indian Army Wing: The candidate must qualified 12th class from a recognized board or pursuing in 12th.
For Air force and Indian Navy: The candidate must have qualified or pursuing in 12th with mathematics and physics subjects.
9th December 2015, 07:21 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National Defence Academy and it is examination conducted by UPSC twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or appearing 10+2 from a recognised board. Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination.

So, you can appear for examination. The application form for examination will be available from January. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th December 2015, 08:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NDA entrance examination. NDA entrance examination provides a better opportunity for candidates to join defence services after 10+2.

The examination is conducted by UPSC in two stages as Written and SSB. Candidates need to qualify in both these stages for final selection in defence services. As, a student of commerce student you are eligible to join defence in Army wing.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from a recognised board.
* Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you can appear for upcoming examination if your age is below 19.5 years. For more other details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th December 2015, 09:38 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYDIPSINH JADEJA View Post
Yeah you can join in NDA (National Defence Academy) being a 1st year B.com student. You can apply for the exam with the qualification of completed +2, it is only that you need to satisfy all the criteria's framed for the exam and they include such as:

-> You should have a citizenship in India.

-> Age limit needed is 16 1/2 - 19 1/2 years.

-> Martial status needed is only unmarried male candidate is eligible.

-> Educational qualification states that candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board of education. If you are interested in joining in Navy or Air force you need to have completed +2 with physics and mathematics as subjects.

-> You need to be physically fit as per physical standards for NDA.

If you satisfy all these above mentioned criteria's then you are eligible for applying for the NDA exam and it can be either online or through offline. To know more information regarding the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th December 2015, 09:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for NDA exam being in second semester of bachelor's degree in commerce if you meet the specified age criteria which is 16.5-19.5 years for unmarried male candidates.

Candidates who have passed 10+2 with commerce stream are only eligible for Army of Defence.

Procedure:

Step I: Apply for exam at http://www.upsconline.nic.in

Step II: Appear for written exam which consists of two papers, one of Mathematics and other paper is General Ability Test.

Step III: Clear Written test then you will be called for Service Selection Board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?