10th August 2011, 11:34 PM
pari100

Am I eligible to sit for Aptitude Tests of Companies having secured 68% average of all semesters in IT and securing 59.8% in 2nd semester?

I am engineering student,dept-IT.I got 68% marks (average of all semester) but i got 59.8% in 2nd semester.Will i be able to seat in every apptitude test ofall companies?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for jobs after scoring 60% in 1 semester and average of 65% in all semesters?
  2. Can I appear in UGC NET exam after securing 49% marks in M.A 1st semester
  3. Am I eligible to sit in campus placement for Infosys if I have 60% above marks in 10th, 12th and UG till 5th semester?
  4. Am I eligible to attend TCS On-Campus Interview if secured 67% aggregate in B.Tech but below 60% in both 1st and 2nd semester? -- [New]
  5. Which semester percentage is taken into consideration for lateral entry admission? How many semesters average is taken?
  6. Am I eligible for SAIL MT exam if secured 62% average in B.E.
  7. Which Companies am I eligible to get Job having secured 75% in 10th, 53% in 12th and an aggregate of 70% till 6th semester of B.Tech?
  8. How should I prepare for aptitude tests of different companies? I'm an MCA student and week in aptitude
  9. Is it necessary to have 60% marks to sit in companies placement? I've secured 57.16% marks in PU
  10. How to score good in aptitude tests held by companies for recruitment?
  11. For which companies am I eligible after scoring 76.27 in B.Tech upto 6th semester?
  12. Am I eligible for any companies after securing 68.4% in 10th and 69.56% in engineering
  13. Am I eligible for infosys campus placement with 74% marks in 10th, 66% in 12th and 64% in B.Tech?
  14. How to prepare for aptitude tests conducted by companies for placements? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. What is the eligibility criteria to work in TCS?
  16. For which companies am I eligible after securing 78% in MCA, 74% in BSc and 58.8% in 12th
  17. Is 1st semester taken in to consideration for the campus interview? Minimum average required to attend the interview?
  18. Which Companies am I eligible having secured 60% in 10th, 52% in 12th and 60% in BE till 6th semester? Am I eligible for Dell?
11th August 2011, 06:15 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit for Aptitude Tests of Companies having secured 68% average of all semesters in IT and securing 59.8% in 2nd semester?

Aptitude test is the first round of the selection process by various companies. In order to be eligible for the Aptitude test, the candidate should be eligible or the candidate should have to fulfill the minimum eligibility norms notified by the company.

Most IT companies are recruiting the candidates who are having 60% of marks through out their career.

While considering the percentage of marks secured by a candidate, the averae percentage of marks secured by the candidates in all semesters is considered.

It is a good thing that you have secured a very good percentage of 68% in you IT. So, you are eligible for the recruitment drives by various MNCs.

Don't bother about 59.8% which you secured in your 2nd semester. It is not a trobule for you.

Be strong enough in subject knowledge and have prior planning before appearing for the recruitement drive and get success
11th August 2011, 06:30 AM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit for Aptitude Tests of Companies having secured 68% average of all semesters in IT and securing 59.8% in 2nd semester?

hi...generally the eligibilty criteria that the multinational companies put are thet the candidate should have an average of more than 65% through out there education that means in 10th class,12th class and in graduation ,but no were it is wriiten that the candidate should have more than 65% in each and every semester of the graduation instead its the overall score till the time of the interview and as your over all score is more than 65% i think you are eligible to sit for the aptitude test of these companies ,the aptitude test generally is not that tough its the interview part which is the tougher one actually,
you got to have an very good inter personal skills to actually impress the interviewer because the software companies actually give lots of importance to the inter personal skills and they see that you do have that very selecting it so try to participitate in as many group dicussions as possible and try to do away with what so fear you are having because if you fear even for once during the interview your chances of getting selected will be gon
11th August 2011, 07:21 AM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to sit for Aptitude Tests of Companies having secured 68% average of all semesters in IT and securing 59.8% in 2nd semester?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pari100 View Post
I am engineering student,dept-IT.I got 68% marks (average of all semester) but i got 59.8% in 2nd semester.Will i be able to seat in every apptitude test ofall companies?
Yes you are eligible to sit in the aptitude test of all the companies but when you reach in the final year of your engineering. Before that companies not allowed the candidate to sit in there test. They also demand the aggregate percentage not in all the semesters so if you have secured more then 60% marks you are eligible to apply.
11th August 2011, 07:38 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi dear
there is no problem for your 2nd semester mark
when company see your mark
they will see your Total CGPA not individual semester mark
So generally most company see 60% mark in through out career
so those student are eligible for sit in the campus interview.

This year TCS declares those have 70% career they have direct attain Personal Interview of the company.
that is more help you so many people for direct employement...........
11th August 2011, 10:15 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by pari100 View Post
dear friend,

the eligibility criteria for MAXIMUM SOFTWARE COMPANY :-

1) you must score 60% in through out in career.
2)backlog are not allowed.
3)maximum 2 years gape are allowed.

If you have above 60% then you are eligible for maximum no of software company.

They are no calculated semester per semester.

all the best
11th August 2011, 02:08 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

According to yourself your aggregate percentage is 68 percent so you are eligible for Aptitude test held by various companies.
which is the first selection test conducted by any company.
Don't bother for getting 59.5 percent in second semester and try to labor hard for clearing aptitude test Best of luck for your future.
11th August 2011, 05:56 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
The eligibility criteria for Appearing in IT companies campus drive, you have to fulfill some criteria-
1.One must have 60% aggregate throughout the career..
2.One should not have due backlogs.
3.One should not have study gap more than 2years..
These are the criteria one have to fulfill..
As you have allover 68% aggregate throughout your graduation , so you are eligible..
It will not create any problem that in which semester you have secured less than 60% marks..They will check your allover aggregate..

All the best.
11th August 2011, 06:15 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
The eligibility criteria for Appearing in IT companies campus drive, you have to fulfill some criteria-
1.One must have 60% aggregate throughout the career..
2.One should not have due backlogs.
3.One should not have study gap more than 2years..
These are the criteria one have to fulfill..
As you have allover 68% aggregate throughout your graduation , so you are eligible..
It will not create any problem that in which semester you have secured less than 60% marks..They will check your allover aggregate..

All the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?