31st December 2015, 04:54 PM
Salludhanwade

What is the best way followed to prepare for NET exam without taking any coaching?

What is the best way to prepare for NET without coaching,can u refer best books or I have to go through research paper s etc? Can you please help me to prepare better for the exam to clear it? Awaiting for all the response on this.

Thanks!

Related Questions:
31st December 2015, 06:47 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the best way followed to prepare for NET exam without taking any coaching?

NET stands for National Eligibility Test and is conducted by UGC twice year. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as Lecturer or JRF.

As it is well known that Self study is best study so you are eligible to qualify examination without joining coaching institute.

You just need to go through syllabus and previous year paper through a proper strategy to qualify in examination. To get syllabus for examination and any other query visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
31st December 2015, 07:34 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What is the best way followed to prepare for NET exam without taking any coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salludhanwade View Post
What is the best way to prepare for NET without coaching,can u refer best books or I have to go through research paper s etc? Can you please help me to prepare better for the exam to clear it? Awaiting for all the response on this.

Thanks!
First and foremost the most important thing which you need to start before your study includes the following points :

- Get the latest syllabus of NET exam from the official page of UGC NET site

- According to the syllabus, prepare time table

- Study systematically and selectively

- Prepare critical answer for every topic of all subjects

- Write excellent introductions and conclusions to all the questions

- Focus more on side headings

- Maintain and set time limit for every question you do

- Do practice questions with the help of previous year question papers as well as mock test papers

Following all the above points will surely give you a confidence to crack the examination. Along with the above points you can refer to these following are the some books for your NET exam :

- UGV NET/SET for Lectureship exam Paper-I by GK Publication

- UGC NET/SET exam Paper-I by Sajit Kumar, M.Gagan

- UGC NET/SET Teaching and Research Aptitude (General Paper-I) by Lal Jain, K.C Vashista, Upkar publication

- UGC JRF and Lectureship Paper-I Teaching and Research Aptitude by DR.M.S Ansari

- Practical work book -UGC NET (General Paper-I) by Sanjay Gupta
31st December 2015, 08:37 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salludhanwade View Post

Thanks!
Your question is rather vague. You should have mentioned the subject you have chosen in the NET exam. Then it would have been easier for me to share the name of some books as well as the practice paper of that subject. But I can definitely give you a guideline which you can follow to succeed in the exam.

Here's the exam pattern at a glance:-
  • Paper I:- 100 marks- 60 questions- 1.15 hours
  • Paper II:- 100 marks- 50 questions- 1.15 hours
  • Paper III:- 150 marks- 75 questions- 1.15 hours
The first paper consists of questions on easoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness. Out of the 60 questions given you need to answer 50 of them.

Second paper will consist of questions based on the subject which has been chosen by the candidate. This paper consists of 50 questions and all of them are compulsory.

Third paper consists of questions again based on the chosen subject and total marks allotted for this paper is 150. All the questions are compulsory and you will get only a little over one hour to complete the full paper.

Some points to remember while preparing for the exam:-
  • Firstly it is important to get acquainted with the syllabus. Therefore go through the syllabus book first from cover to cover to know exactly how much area you have to cover for the exam.
  • It is important to have a clear knowledge about one's strength and weaknesses and this is what is exactly going to help you prioritize and keep the subjects you have a grip on top of the priority list.
  • Making notes while preparing always comes in handy during the wee hours. This will help you to go through the key points during the last hour.
  • To get a hand of the exam pattern you can also go through the last ten years question papers and solve as many practice papers as possible.
  • Time management is again a very important thing when preparing for the competitive exam. This will help you to efficiently utilise the allotted time to the fullest.
31st December 2015, 08:39 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

There is no need to join coaching institute to qualify in examination if you are self determined and can prepare for examination through self study.

But, you need to take help from online study material about syllabus and other strategy for preparation of examination which is very much important to qualify in any examination.

Start your preparation from now only if you are interested in qualify in examination, the syllabus for examination is available at www.ugc.ac.in.
31st December 2015, 09:41 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

NET is the National Eligibility Test and is national level test conducted by UGC. You can prepare for the NET exam without coaching if you follow my some of tips. First of all you would have to make a habit to make your own notes. Its good for you if you make a study schedule and follow it. Also keep care of your health along with the study. Solving previos papers also helps you in getting good marks in the exam. Some of the reference books for NET computer science are :

** Computer Science & Applications by Surbhi Sharma (Author), Kailash Chandra Gurunani (Author)

** Computer Science and Applications (Paper - II & III) 1st Edition by Upkar Prakashan

** UGC NET Computer Science Guide (Paper 2 and 3) by Shamshur Rabb Khan.
1st January 2016, 06:53 PM
kantraman

NET means national eligibility test so a to get govt.job of assistant professor in colleges, institutions and universities situated through out india.If you want to qualify NET exam without coaching then get complete knowledge of that subject which you have opted in NET exam.Get complete knowledge of every book right from +2 class to m.sc.level.
15th February 2016, 11:32 PM
anuradha1985

NET stands for National Eligibility Test which is conducted by UGC.and you can prepare for this exam by self without taking any help of coaching center.if you have to make plan for you study and give extra time to weak subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?