10th November 2015, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Should I migrate to CBSE Board for easier preparation of JEE Main and Advanced?

Sir,
I'm currently studying in class 9th and I am enrolled in the ICSE Board. I had read online that JEE Main and Advanced syllabus is the same as CBSE Board's class 12th's syllabus, just that JEE syllabus more comprehensive than the CBSE. So I've decided to change to a CBSE affiliated school after class 10th. But I'm thinking that when I take enrollment in an institution for JEE coaching, and also when I apply for JEE, then the syllabus will be CBSE based, so I'm afraid that I'll have problems. Can anyone please give me more information on this matter? And please also tell me about any details of the process of changing Boards. Thank you in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. Changing board from ICSE to CBSE is beneficial for JEE Main and Advanced preparation?
  2. Which Board should I prefer among CBSE and ISC? Which one is suitable for preparation of JEE Main & Advanced?
  3. Is it difficult to study 11th Science of CBSE Board? Benefits to prepare for JEE Main & Advanced? Which is better among Kerala State Board and CBSE Board?
  4. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th Science CBSE Private candidate?
  5. How can I apply for next year JEE Main and Advanced without attempting 12th CBSE Compartmental exam?
  6. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced 2 times if dropping a year for preparation after 12th?
  7. CBSE schools which provide JEE Advanced coaching classes in Karnataka?
  8. Will I be able to crack JEE Main and Advanced if completed 12th from Hindi Medium?
  9. Whether my Board exam syllabus covers up if preparing for JEE Main & Advanced from Bansal Classes, Kota?
  10. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in IIST? How much I should try to get in through JEE Main?
  11. Which is better among CBSE and RBSE for 10th Hindi Medium student who is willing to prepare for JEE Main and Advanced? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Percentage required in 12th CBSE to appear in JEE Advanced?
  13. Can I get JEE advanced after scoring 243 marks in JEE mains and 81% in CBSE board
  14. Reference books for preparation of JEE Main & Advanced
  15. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
  16. Will I be able to appear in JEE Advance if securing rank under 10,000 in JEE Main and secured 70.2% in 12th CBSE being a ST candidate?
  17. Which board is better in terms of syllabus - CBSE or STATE BOARD? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Best books for JEE Main and Advanced 2016 -- [Most Discussed]
15th November 2015, 02:57 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Should I migrate to CBSE Board for easier preparation of JEE Main and Advanced?

Don't worry you will never face any issue if you enrolled in CBSE board. You heard absolutely right about syllabus of CBSe and JEE are same because JEE (JOINT ENTRANCE EXAM) is also conducted by CBSE Board. Its a plus point for CBSE students while preparing for JEE exams. If you seriously wanna crack the exam then i suggests you take admission in any CBSE school now.
15th November 2015, 04:40 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I migrate to CBSE Board for easier preparation of JEE Main and Advanced?

There is nothing extra in the JEE syllabus as like other board syllabus and there is no special preference for the CBSE board candidates in the JEE examination.

So, you can pursue the 10+2 from any of the board and just concentrate on the JEE examination preparation if you are taking the coaching classes for it.

To change the board you only need to take the migration certificate from the board you are pursuing currently and submit it to the school in which you want to study.
30th May 2017, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Should I migrate to CBSE Board for easier preparation of JEE Main and Advanced?

Is there any difference between the cbse chemistry syllabus and iit-jee syllabus.Can I prepare the whole syllabus of iit-jee from NCERT chemistry syllabus.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?