29th October 2016, 01:10 PM

Eligibility criteria for AIIMS MBBS entrance exam?

Hello Sir, my age is 16 years and I am a student of class 12th. I want to know minimum age required to appear for AIIMS exam. Is their any provision of age relaxation by which I can appear in AIIMS entrance exam this year?

30th October 2016, 02:41 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility criteria for AIIMS MBBS entrance exam?

MBBS is a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. The duration of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery course is Five and half years.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR AIIMS MBBS ENTRANCE EXAMINATION

1. Candidate must have passed 12th with physics, chemistry and biology subjects from a recognized board.

2. The minimum percentage required for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery is 50% in 12th class.

3. The minimum age of candidate must be 17 years and not be greater than 25 years.

4. Age relaxation is given to reserved category candidate i.e 30 years in case of Scheduled Castes/Schedule Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
30th October 2016, 05:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hello Sir, my age is 16 years and I am a student of class 12th. I want to know minimum age required to appear for AIIMS exam. Is their any provision of age relaxation by which I can appear in AIIMS entrance exam this year?
Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for AIIMS exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidates this percentage is reduced to 40%. Final year of 12th standard candidates are also eligible for AIIMS entrance exam.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
30th October 2016, 10:03 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam:

The basic eligibility criteria for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination is as follows.

>> As far as your age criteria is concerned, you are not eligible to apply for AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam

>>The minimum age required to be eligible for appearing in AIIMS MBBS Entrance Exam is 17 years

>> As you are a 16 years old candidate, I am very sorry to say that you are not eligible with this age.

>> Candidates must have attained minimum 17 years in order to be eligible .
30th October 2016, 10:10 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot appear for AIIMS MBBS entrance examination this year as because, you are still 16 years old. There is no provision of age relaxation for this examination. The eligibility criteria to appear for this examination are:

> Candidate should have completed the age of 17 years on or before 31st December 2016.

> Candidate should have completed their 12th standard or its equivalent qualification from a recognized board.

> Candidate should have taken physics, chemistry, biology and English as their compulsory subjects and should have passed in all these subjects.

> Candidate should have passed their 12th standard with minimum aggregate of 60% in English, chemistry, physics, and biology and for the SC/ST/OPH category candidates it is 50%.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?