10th December 2016, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become a District Collector? Which entrance exam do I have to write?

Respected Sir, I want to become a District Collector, I have completed my class 10th so I want to know which stream should I choose in class 11th to become a District Collector? Which entrance exam do I have to write? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Which stream should I choose in class 11 to become a District Collector? Should I start preparing for the exam from now?
  2. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become a Collector?
  3. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become a District Magistrate? What is the qualification criteria required for the same?
  4. What steps should I follow to become a District Collector after completing class 10th?
  5. What should I do after completing Intermediate to become a District Collector? Which exam is conducted to become a District Collector?
  6. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS Officer? Which exam do I have to write?
  7. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become an IAS Officer? Which exam do I need to write?
  8. Which stream should I take in class 11th to become a Marine (Captain)? Which entrance exam do I have to write?
  9. How can I become a District Collector after completing my Graduation with BCA course? Which exam do I need to write?
  10. Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become a Government bank Manager? Which exam do I need to write?
  11. How to become a District Collector? Complete procedure of it?
  12. What is the procedure to become a district collector? Books to be preferred?
  13. How can I become a District Collector after 7 years of completing B.Com from Mumbai? Which exams do I need to write and how can I apply for the exam? -- [New]
  14. Which subject to choose for collector?
  15. Which are the best subjects for the preparation of a district collector?
  16. How to become a District Collector? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Detail information about district collector? Which exam to clear to become a district collector?
  18. How can I become a district collector? I am studying BSc Agriculture
11th December 2016, 10:35 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become a District Collector? Which entrance exam do I have to write?

You have taken a very good decision to become a District Collector in future. You are now in 10th standard, so after that you have to complete your 12th standard in any stream and then graduation. There is no specific stream required to become a District Collector. You just have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> You must be a citizen of India.

> You must hold a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized college/university.

> Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years. For OBC candidates 21 to 33 years and for SC/ST 21 to 35 years.

With this eligibility criteria you have to appear for Civil Services Examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. Therefore, there is no specific stream required to become a District Collector.
12th December 2016, 01:32 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream should I choose in class 11th to become a District Collector? Which entrance exam do I have to write?

Indian Administrative Services officers are certain years of experience in service become District Collector. The entrance examination for joining Indian Administrative Services is Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

The minimum academic qualification required for Civil Services examination is bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. This examination is not stream specific. Candidates can choose any stream at senior secondary level or bachelor's degree level as per their interest. You are free to choose any stream of your choice in standard 11th.
12th December 2016, 02:34 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

In recent years, science and Humanities streams candidates have done well in Civil Services examination. You can select either science stream or Arts stream in 11th and bachelor's degree also.

Eligibility for Civil Services examination:

*Only those candidates who have done bachelor's degree are eligible to apply for this exam. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for examination.

*Age limit is 21-32 years.

Official website: http://www.upsc.gov.in.
12th December 2016, 07:40 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

To become district collector you have to choose any stream in which you are interested in your 11th and 12th standard and after completing your 11th and 12th standard from a recognised board you have to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognised University with at least 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to SC and ST students and then you have to appear in UPSC exam.
Age limit should be in between 21 to 30 years and relaxation in upper age limit is provided to SC and ST students.
12th December 2016, 08:14 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

First of all you should complete graduation then only you will be eligible to write exam. This exam is conducted by BPSC every year.
Eligibility criteria are as under:-
Candidate must have completed their graduation from any of the recognized university.
Candidate age should not less than 21 years and should not exceed 42 years.
Candidate must have scored at least 45% marks in their graduation.
Candidate should be physically fit.
Candidate should must be an Indian citizen.
12th December 2016, 08:39 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required to become district collector is graduation in any discipline from a recognised University and after graduation you have to appear in civil services exam that is conducted by UPSC every year. So you are free to choose any interested stream in your intermediate.
Personally I would like to suggest you to choose Arts stream.
12th December 2016, 09:41 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

--- You can choose any stream as per your interest.

--- You have to appear in Civil Services examination conducted by UPSE to become district collector.

--- You must have passed at least graduation degree from any affiliated university to apply Civil Services examination.

--- You must have Indian citizenship to appear in the above exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?