23rd June 2010, 05:37 PM
Unregistered

How can I change my son's Domicle by Choice to Domicile by Birth? How may I get the entire procedure for the same?

My son is born in Maharashtra and passed out X from Maharashtra. He will be passing out XII in also from Maharashtra. His father is born in Kerala. When we applied for the Domicile Certificate when he was in X, we finally got a "Domicle by Choice" certificate ?

Now, I understand that my son will not be able to apply for Maharashtra CET Engg. 2011, as a Maharashtra candidate as his Domicile is "by Choice". Is this true ?

Also, when my son is born in Maharashtra, why has he been given "Domicile by Choice". Should'nt he have been given "Domicile by Birth" ?

Please confirm if I can take this matter up with Collector's Office again - asking them to change the domicile certificate to "Domicile by Birth". Is this possible ?

Please reply.

10th December 2012, 06:38 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I change my son's Domicle by Choice to Domicile by Birth? How may I get the entire procedure for the same?

What is the domicile criteria for children of NRI working in GCC country who are from andhrapradesh?
1st January 2013, 10:21 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can I change my son's Domicle by Choice to Domicile by Birth? How may I get the entire procedure for the same?

i have got domicile by birth from uttarpradesh.I have beeen broughtup in maharashtra.how can i change by domicile from uttarpradesh top maharashtra
4th April 2014, 05:50 PM
Unregistered

My son was born in mumbai but has studied upto 3rd in Gujarat and from 4th onwards in Maharastra, Can he get Domicile certificate??
28th November 2017, 03:28 PM
Unregistered

My daughter is born in Odisha and after that studied in Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, etc different states as she accompanied me on transfers. How can I/she get domicile certificate and from which state for admission in MBBS to get state level quota?
6th July 2020, 09:37 PM
shipradhiman

Question Re: How can I change my son's Domicle by Choice to Domicile by Birth? How may I get the entire procedure for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daughter is born in Odisha and after that studied in Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, etc different states as she accompanied me on transfers. How can I/she get domicile certificate and from which state for admission in MBBS to get state level quota?
have you got the answer ? i have the same problem with my son pls tell the prosedure to get domicile certificate he is below18
7th February 2021, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

My child born at Bilaspur Chhattisgarh, She was with me at Raipur , mumbai & Bangalore but now we want to settle at Bilaspur. in our house
Can I get domicile by choice at Bilaspur
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?