7th January 2018, 02:52 PM
bhemant2566

Percentage required in 12th for NIMCET exam?

I have scored 52% marks in my 12th exam. Am I eligible to apply for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) exam?

8th January 2018, 03:29 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Percentage required in 12th for NIMCET exam?

The full form of NIMCET is NIT MCA Common Entrance Test.

Eligibility criteria:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree in science or engineering or technology or computer applications to apply for exam.

Minimum of 60% marks or 6.5 CGPA is required in bachelor's degree.

2. Mathematics at 12th level is necessary.

You can not apply for NIMCET after 12th. Your marks in 12th will not be considered as eligibility criteria for MCA admissions in NIT.
8th January 2018, 07:09 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

NIMCET refers to NIT MCA Common Entrance Test and as the name suggests same is an admission test held for offering admission in MCA ( Master of Computer Application ) degree course in various NIT ( National Institute of Technology ).

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in NIMCET having completed your Class 12th with 52% marks then I would like to let you know that marks in Class 12th is not considered for deciding eligibility for NIMCET rather what matters for the same is a bachelor degree course with Mathematics as a main subjects with at least 60% marks ( of equivalent grade ) from a recognized university. Marks relaxation of 5% is allowed for reserved category candidates.
8th January 2018, 10:00 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

NIMCET stands for National Institute of Technology MCA common entrance test.

It is competitive examination for admission in MCA admission in NITs.

The percentage of marks required in bachelor's degree is 60%. With 52% marks in 12th, you are eligible for NIMCET exam.
8th January 2018, 10:12 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym NICMET stands for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test.

Requirements for NIMCET exam:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in science, computer application, engineering etc. Minimum percentage of marks required is 60%.

Mathematics in 12th is compulsory for MCA course.
9th January 2018, 06:35 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

NIMCET stands for NIT MCA Common Entrance Test. This Exam is being regulated by 11 NIT's. This Entrance Exam is being conducted to give admission for MCA course in NIT's across India.

Below is the eligibility criteria required for the candidates to apply for this Exam.

Candidates should have scored a minimum of 60% of marks in Graduation with any of the below streams
BE / B.Tech
B.Sc
B.Sc Honors
B.Sc Computers
BCA etc.

Relaxation is there in percentage of marks upto 5% for the candidates of SC/ST category.

Percentage of marks that you scored in Intermediate would not be considered and the only percentage you secured in Graduation will be considered.

So, you don't need to worry about your 10+2 percentage of marks

There is no age criteria to apply for this Exam.

The notification would be released in the month of February and you can submit application forms till March.

The Exam fee is Rs.2000/- for General and OBC categories and Rs.1000/- SC or ST categories.

You need to fill the application form online and should take a print out of it and need to send through courier to the respective address.

Since this is national wide Entrance Exam, there is huge competition among the candidates.

I would suggest you to have a strong preparation for this exam through which you can get good rank and admission in NIT's.
9th January 2018, 07:19 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

NIMCET is conducted for admission in MCA course in NITs. There is nothing to do with aggregate in 12th to appear in examination.

The common eligibility to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed B.Sc/BCA/B.Tech or B.E degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have scored minimum 60% or 6.5 CGPA on 10 point scale.

Candidates after qualifying in examination will become eligible for admission in NIT. The application form is not available now for 2018 examination.
9th January 2018, 09:03 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to apply for NIMCET examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course with minimum aggregate of 60% (55% in case of SC/ ST candidates) marks from a Government recognised university. No specific percentage criteria in 12th standard is required to apply for NIMCET examination. So, if you have completed Bachelor's degree course from a Government recognised university, you are eligible to apply for NIMCET examination.
9th January 2018, 10:17 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

NIMCET stands for National Institute of Technology Master of Computer Applications Common Entrance Test. It is a National level entrance examination conducted by NIT for offering admission in MCA course. Candidates who have passed BCA or any other Bachelor's degree course in relevant stream with minimum aggregate of 60% marks from a recognised university are eligible to apply for NIMCET examination. So, being a 12th standard student, you have to study Bachelor's degree course from a recognised university to be eligible to apply for NIMCET examination.
29th August 2019, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

I have done my 12th from biology nd done BCA so can I eligible for nimcet examination
8th January 2020, 02:13 AM
Unregistered

I got 71% marks in 12th board and I want to take admission in nit trichy collage. Can I take admission if I clear the nimcet exam.
2nd February 2020, 03:56 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: Percentage required in 12th for NIMCET exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I got 71% marks in 12th board and I want to take admission in nit trichy collage. Can I take admission if I clear the nimcet exam.
with out graduation you can not apply nimcet, graduation mandatory
28th July 2020, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

I know it does nt matter for admission but what about companies eligibilty criteria which comes there for placement are they same because in bca most of the companies have eligibilty criteria on the basis of 10 12 marks
13th June 2021, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

I haven't studied math in 12th and I am pursuing bca and I studied math in my bca course. Then I am eligible for nimect exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?