21st June 2011, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

What does Domicile mean? How should I get the domicile certificate?

I am confused what really the domicile means? We hail from U.P and have ancesteral land there my fahter did his schooling from U.P.,However we are now settled in New Delhi.My son require domicile certificate that we are a domicile of U.P.
I do not know how can we get the domicile certificate as we are not staying in U.P MALL OUR VOTER id AND IDENTIFICATION PAPERS ARE FROM nEW dELHI.cAN WE GET THE SAME ON THE BASIS THAT OUR ANCESTRAL LAND IS STILL THERE IN OUR NAME.

Related Questions:
  1. How could I get the Domicile Certificate?
  2. Is it necessary to get Delhi domicile certificate, if my parents belongs to Uttar Pradesh domicile? -- [New]
  3. Whether UPSC accepts hand made domicile certificate or demands the printed one?
  4. How can I change my son's Domicle by Choice to Domicile by Birth? How may I get the entire procedure for the same?
  5. How to obtain the domicile certificate for MBA CET? How long it takes to obtain? From where to get the application form of domicile certificate?
  6. If I have done my schooling in Lucknow can I get the domicile certificate? Is there any agent who can help in making the domicile certificate from Lucknow?
  7. Procedure for a non karnataka student taking up CET or admitting into Bangalore Engineering colleges?
  8. What documents are needed for domicile certificate of student if his father has expired?
  9. Which court should we apply for Domicile certificate? Which documents do they want?
  10. How Can I get domicile certificate of Maharashtra as I've completing my schooling upto 12th here? Can I get admission in government MBBS college without domicile certificate?
  11. Can I get domicile certificate of Uttar Pradesh if I belong to New Delhi?
  12. Is it compulsory to have domicile certificate to take admission in Mumbai college?
  13. How can I make my domicile certificate? I've done my schooling from Lucknow but now i'm settled in delhi
  14. Can I get West Bengal Domicile Certificate for NEET if completed 12th from Delhi but born in West Bengal?
  15. List of good Colleges in Mumbai offering Automobile Engineering?
  16. Can I get a domicile certificate of a state on which we are living from many years whereas my birth certificate is from other state? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Is my son eligible to appear for PMET exam if he has done 11th from Bathinda(Punjab) and 12th(PCB) from outside Punjab?
  18. How to obtain Maharashtra domicile certificate from Thane Tahsildar Officer?
21st June 2011, 07:42 AM
dineshpandiyan

Post Re: What does Domicile mean? How should I get the domicile certificate?

Steps to get a domicile certificate:

1.First take some documents
-Photocopy of your father's Voter ID card(if you don't own a property at your living place).
-Living proof(Ration Card photocopy or House tax Bill copy).
-Electricity bill photocopy or gas connection photocopy.
-Applying person's documents 10th class certificate, mark sheet ,12th class mark sheet
final year graduation mark sheet.
2.Go to your tehsil.
3.On the way to main building of tehsil, there will be many persons,in their shop with a typewriter, sitting there they are advocates or notary man.
4.Now tell them that you want a domicile certificate within 2 or 3 days.
5.Give them Rs.500(please negotiate hard and ask 3 or 4 notary persons about current price) and take their phone number.
6.Give them all the documents you brought and give a strict time requirement to them.
7.Call them regularly and take updates of your documents.

I know you will feel it is not right to give them Rs.500 but believe me that you will take so much time to understand the procedures(notary,attested document,tehsildaar,patvari) that you will feel lost at one time.So it is better to give Rs.500.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf domi.pdf(66.2 KB, 2025 views)
21st June 2011, 09:17 AM
dr.pravin1905

Post Re: What does Domicile mean? How should I get the domicile certificate?

gud morning friend,
domicile is a certificate to certify that you live in a particular place since atleast last 10years.
You may require it for admission in some institute after some entrance exam or likely
so try to give such exams from delhi region if you are planing for. And to get domicile, apply for yours fathers domicile first (for delhi) from regional tehasile office and than for yours sequently.
But you will not and should not get domicile for U.P as you are resident in delhi and also would have sufficient proof for that like- electricity bill, rashan card, etc...
So better try for domicile of delhi.
21st June 2011, 10:48 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What does Domicile mean? How should I get the domicile certificate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am confused what really the domicile means? We hail from U.P and have ancesteral land there my fahter did his schooling from U.P.,However we are now settled in New Delhi.My son require domicile certificate that we are a domicile of U.P.
I do not know how can we get the domicile certificate as we are not staying in U.P MALL OUR VOTER id AND IDENTIFICATION PAPERS ARE FROM nEW dELHI.cAN WE GET THE SAME ON THE BASIS THAT OUR ANCESTRAL LAND IS STILL THERE IN OUR NAME.
What does Domicile mean -

Domicile Means a Permanent legal Residence. So, Domicile is the Present, fixed home of an Individual to Which One Returns following Temporary Absences and at Which One Intends to Remain Indefinitely.

So, Basically It Means The Place where a person has fixed his ordinary dwelling, without a Present Intention of Removal OR A location Where An Individual, Partnership, or Corporation Establishes Permanent Residence as per Legal Obligations.

How should I get the domicile certificate -

The Prescribed Application Forms Are Available Online Or From the Local Authorities That Is the Sub-Divisional Magistrate OR Tehsildar's office OR Revenue Department OR District Collector's Office. Documents For proving your Identity, Attestation of the Form by Officers With The Necessary Authority, Will Be Required.

Documents needed to get domicile certificate -

- Original and photocopies of School leaving certificate

- Electricity bill as residential proof

- Birth certificate

- Ration card

- Proof of continuous residence in Delhi for the last 3 years, like Ration Card, Identity Card, School Certificate.

- Application form duly attested by a Class-I officer that he/she has known the applicant for more than 3 years.
21st June 2011, 12:10 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

hi
*In architecture, domicile is a general term for a place of residence or "permanent recidence" in legal terms.
* Domicile, a thrash metal band from Manchester, England
* Domicile (astrology), the "rulership" or "house " of a planetary body. Each planet has its domicile in the sign or signs it rules
21st June 2011, 12:43 PM
nikitash

Thumbs up Re: What does Domicile mean? How should I get the domicile certificate?

hi,
A Domicile/Residence Certificate is issued to prove that the person bearing the Certificate is a Domicile/Resident of the State/UT by which the Certificate is being issued.

The prescribed application forms are available from the local authorities, ie, the Sub-Divisional Magistrate/Tehsildar's office/Revenue Department/District Collector's Office. Documents for proving your identity, attestation of the form by officers with the necessary authority, will be required.

Documents needed:
Original and photocopies of
School leaving certificate
Electricity bill as residential proof
Birth certificate
Ration card
Father's birth certificate/school leaving certificate

all the best for ur future.
13th July 2011, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

i passed10 from bihar and i have done diploma from goverment collebe delhi , can i elibible for delhi domicile
8th August 2011, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

I have old domicile of 1995Punjab .Is it valid.I understand that the certificate once issued is valid till the person aquires new certificate from the new state if qualifies for the new states and wants to change.In that he has to surrender the old certificate.It is not for admission but for property.Does any one rules applicable to property.

Mohan
14th September 2011, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

How i make a domicle?
16th September 2011, 01:11 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Respected sir,
What do you mean by deemed domicile? ... With which countries does the UK have DTCs? ... You can only have one domicile at any given time. ... bearer securities are situated where the certificate of title is located at the time of the transfer ...
Thanks,
18th October 2011, 03:55 AM
Unregistered

Dear friends my brother is studying in 10 th .he need domicile certificate
pls let me know how to get domicile certificate
u can ccontact me on
[email protected]
28th October 2011, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

I am residing in Maharastra for lst 40 years and my daughter now she in Std X SSC board, I have to apply for domicile...
my query is is Domicile certificate required for college admission and if yes how to proceed on my own ?
3rd January 2012, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

i have my own domicile fromwhen i entered mbbs many years ago in mumbai. We since moved out of India to USA and are returning this year to mumbai for good. Will my old domicile be helpful and help my kid get his domicile certificate soon? How much residency does one need in mumbai to be eligible or the domicile certificate?
22nd February 2012, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

schooling to12th(inter)in A.P. & wants to appear Mah-cet2012 medical on my parents domicile,dad practices as an advocate in maharashtra, am i eligible to appear?
25th March 2012, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

I have live in maharastra for 10 yrs but after tat went abroad and came back in 3 yrs and have been living in mumbai for past 4 yrs. also my dad works for central Gov.. but i do not have a domicile certificate. am i a domicile of Maharashtra or not?
24th April 2012, 05:34 PM
Unregistered

rspctd sir/mam
i m a citizen of uttar pradesh, but i m takng my education from uttranchal.
can i apply for uttranchal pmt?
what should be the criteria for same?
13th May 2012, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

sir..
i hv done my schooling frm UP n i hv a property( elctricty bill with my father's name) in haryana frm last 5 years.. so am i eligible to give haryana-pmt 2012..???
please reply as soon as possible on my mai ID..
[email protected] ... please reply.......
14th May 2012, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

My place of birth is gujarat and i studied upto 10th in gujarat and then i went to kota up to 12th so what is my domicile category and do i need a domicile to get admission in any college in gujarat?????
15th May 2012, 12:12 PM
help100%

Look, Domicile certificate is a certificate which clarifies an individual residential validity or proof. So, no one just can go and get an domicile certificate just like any thing, there are some criteria which different state government has laid down, if you full fill those criteria then only an individual is eligible to get domicile certificate of that particular state, it doesn't make much difference unlike reservation made for SC/ST/OBC. So, if you are interested in making domicile certificate approach the local authority like councilor or urban development and welfare block, they will guide you and make you know the particular procedure to make domicile certificate.

Hope you get the point, please feel free to ask any further queries.

Thank you,

Help100%
2nd April 2013, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

my brother get his domicile certificate.is it easy to get domicile of mine ?
5th April 2013, 06:33 PM
subhashrajpurohit

Friend,

Domicile Means a person is Living and Having residence in that State since Certificate Issued. Domicile Certificate is Provided by Govt. of State. Domicile Certificate is very Useful Documents of Each and Every Person. Sub-Divisional Magistrate Of Particular Area can issue Domicile Certificate.

Documents Required for Domicile Certificate =>

School leaving certificate
Electricity bill
Father's birth certificate
Birth certificate
Ration card

Use of Domicile Certificate =>

If you have Domicile Certificate then you can Study at Every State or City of India. When you are going to take Admission in Other State's College then college Staff Required Domicile Certificate. Without Domicile Certificate you will not Allowed to study in Other State. That's Why Domicile Certificate is very useful For Study.

Best of Luck.........
7th April 2013, 06:12 PM
Unregistered

what should a student submit as her domicile certificate and her identity proof??????????
8th June 2013, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

i was born in west bengal and stayed there 7 years, my parents stayed there till that time after that we shifted to delhi, i did my remaining schooling here, my parents possess 4 property LAND, inherited as well as they bought about 20 years back, BUT I HAVE COMPLETED MY 12 TH FROM DELHI, CAN I GET A DOMICILE CERTIFICATE OF WEST BENGAL????????????????????????
15th June 2013, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir i am from noida and i passed my 10th and 12th from noida.
Sir my questionn is that can i get 85% reservation from noida
12th July 2013, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

I have only Bank account & indane Gas connection & a driving licence where I am living in this address since last one & half years & my proof are 9 month old so can i get domicile certificate with this address ? Mohan Kumar New Delhi
2nd November 2013, 11:28 AM
Unregistered

Sir ,I wa born and brought up in bhubaneswar,orissa.I passed 10 th exam at jajpur road and 12th and graduation from bhubaneswar.but now I am working at bangalore and residing here from last 4 months.now what is the procedure of getting domicile certificate and from which place?
please help me out as soon as pssible
It's very urgent and within a very short period of time
2nd November 2013, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

need suggestion
7th February 2014, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

my parents are residents of delhi and i did my 10 and 12 from rajathan can i get delhi domecile
29th May 2014, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

sir i belong to jharkhand i passed 10th from there & 12th from delhi i belong to sc category& my sc certificate is issued from jharkhand will it valid for taking admision in dtu to get reseverd quota sir please answer me immediately i am confused???
1st February 2015, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

I belongs to andhra pradesh by birth and I have completed my schooling in Andhra Pradesh. After Completion of Diploma , I joined in armed forces. During service tenure, I moved to so many places and My son along with me had schooling in different states. After 20 years service in armed forces, as an exserviceman, I joined in Central PSU (BHEL) , hyderabad which is presently in Telangana state. I am working in telangana since 26 Apr 2010 a, having voter_id and AAdhar card at my present address, BHEL Hyderabad. Where shall I apply for domicile certificate in A.P or Telangana. Where is my son eligible for local quota ? What is procedure to get domicile certificate.
3rd February 2015, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

How could i get the domicile certificate from delhi however, I have all proofs like electricity bill voter ID card qualification certificate (1st - 11th)? But i don't know any class 1 officer from 3 years or any 1 days.
3rd February 2015, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

How could i get the domicile certificate from delhi however, I have all proofs like electricity bill voter ID card qualification certificate (1st - 11th)? But i don't know any class 1 officer from 3 years or any 1 days.

I will not be deserving if i don't know class1 officer & if i know class officer so that I will be deserving people.

Any one who help on this issue.
3rd February 2015, 06:37 PM
Unregistered

My son was born in Dammam, Saudi Arabia and presently studying in Bangalore, we are native of Tamil Nadu. How do I get a native certificate for my son?
25th March 2015, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

i have every proof in Andra pradesh what is mentioned above. but even a single year i didn't do my schooling there. but my father did his schooling completely in AP . i am doing my schooling in puducherry and my birth cetrificate is of tamil nadu . can i get domicile certificate from AP.above proofs we don't have in puducherry.Any one who help on this issue.mail to [email protected]. please
15th April 2015, 11:36 PM
Unregistered

my daughter has studied from nursery to class 10 at Noida . I have worked in Noida for 10 yrs. I have booked a flat/property but yet to get possession at Noida. can I get an domicile certificate of up. how to gwt domicile certificate by 1 month time please help.
17th November 2015, 03:18 PM
Unregistered

Am interested to apply apprentice post in bhel company in madhya pradhesh but am in tamilnadu is it possible to get madhya Pradesh domicile certificate
12th December 2015, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
is surrender of one domicile certificate in one state and then reissuing it in another state legal ?
please revert,
15th December 2015, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

My birth place is punjab and presently staying at bangalore in rented hose from last 09 years. My father is in defence and staying at guwahati. My father birth place is punjab. I had done my schooling from 3rd class to 12 class from bangalore. I have school certificate%u201A bank account and passport of present resident place bangalore and my father also having bank account%u201A voter card and gas connection of bangalore. Where i am eligible for domicile wether at bangalore or of punjab. Pl reply at [email protected]
5th December 2016, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am born and brought up in Jharkhand which was Bihar earlier but my father is the native of Bihar . So could you please let me know how can I get the domicile of Bihar at [email protected]
25th May 2017, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I get domicile of India for college admissions if my birth place is Saudi arabia
27th February 2018, 01:28 PM
Unregistered

If place of Birth is mentioned in candidate and his fathers school leaving certificate and both place are within your state which belongs to your origin than dont required Domicile certificate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?