2nd January 2010, 12:03 AM
srikanthkalyan

How many backlogs are accepted for getting US Visa?

hii frens,
i am srikanth doing my b-tech...one more year to go....
actually i hav plans for MS...
i hav quite 3backlogs cleared...
but most of of them r saying tht...it would b hard to get US visa with the backlogs n percentage i hav...

but i hav some reasons to convience...

pls let me knw how many backlogs r accepeted to maximum xtent....n knw some ways to overcome such problems at the US embassy...

thank u,
srikanth

Related Questions:
  1. Will I be accepted by universities in USA and Australia as well as by Visa authorities if cleared B.Pharma with 18 backlogs? -- [New]
  2. How many backlogs are accepted for getting US Visa? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. For getting student Visa what will be minimum backlogs limits and percentage required? Whether a candidate have to submit Final certificate or Marksheets at time of getting Visa?
  4. Effect of backlogs on getting Visa? How to overcome any such problem?
  5. Is there any difficulty in applying for a Visa if completed B.Tech with 24 backlogs in 5 years and having 3 years of experience?
  6. Can I get Visa and admission in USA for MS?
  7. Can I get student visa to study in Abroad if secured 5.5 Bands in IELTS, 284 marks in GRE and 71% in B.Tech with 3 backlogs? On what basis Student Visa organize?
  8. Can i get student visa for Canada with 13 baklogs pending in B.Tech?
  9. Chances of getting rejected during Visa interview if have 18 backlogs?
  10. What are the chances that I will get admission in a decent university of USA having 25 backlogs? Will it hamper my chances to get F1 Visa?
  11. Can i get student visa for abroad study with 19 backlogs pending?
  12. How many backlogs are accepted by USA for studying MBA course?
  13. Any problem will be there in getting US Visa if passed B.Tech after 7 backlogs?
  14. Chances of getting visa of US for MS after doing B.Tech with 64 percent and 4 backlogs?
  15. Is there any problem in getting USA Visa if passed B.Tech after clearing 19 backlogs?
  16. Am I eligible for US visa with IELTS 6.5 bands overall?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for student Visa to study in USA if having 9 backlogs in B.Tech?
  18. Can I get education visa of USA if scored 300 marks in GRE and 6 Bands in IELTS With 28 backlogs in B.Tech(ME)?
30th May 2011, 09:45 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How many backlogs are accepted for getting US Visa?

You cannot go in for a Masters degree unless you clear your backlog. This is applicable even for going to US for higher studies. Along with clearing the B.Tech course you can also appear for the GRE and TOEFL exam. You need to secure admission in any of the universities in US with these scores. Only after securing admission can you apply for a visa. If your scores are low securing admission will be difficult.
30th May 2011, 10:54 AM
lonelyryan

The report was made by the US Government Accountability Office, which acts as Congress' investigative arm. It reveals that the Department of Homeland Security's US-VISIT system had a backlog of some 1.6 million records of potential US Visa overstays as of January 2011.

In a statement on the situation, Joe Lieberman, Chairman of the Senate Homeland Security Committee said: "It is simply unacceptable that we are still unable to systematically identify people who overstay -- some of whom may be terrorists waiting to attack innocent Americans."

The report also says that some of the records may include duplicates because of computer system changes, though this has yet to be confirmed. It is also possible that cases who are not necessarily considered to be a priority have been included.

As a matter of policy, records involving visa overstays of 90 days or less or those who are not deemed to pose a national security or public safety risk do not trigger an immediate lookout warning, according to the report.

Officials in charge of the US-VISIT program have revealed that, of the $5 million available to help deal with the backlog, $3.7 million has been spent and more money will be needed to tackle the issue.

here is a short report of that

F1 Visa Rejected – 11 Backlogs
in F1 Visa

Another F1 Visa Stamping Experience – Rejected for Spring 2011 semester.

Decision : Rejected
Consulate:Hyderabad
Date: 27th December

University heading to : Cleveland State University
Program: MS in Computer & Information Science
Cost on I-20: $28416 for 9 months out of 12.
Funded/Unfunded/Partially funded (details): NO FUNDING
Financial Summary : personal savings + parents savings
Work Experience : NIL
The interview went, and lasted for about half minutes.

ITS TOTALLY MY MISTAKE, I WAS MANIPULATED BY THE VO.

ME: Good morning sir
VO: no reply

VO: Why USA?
ME: USA Has very flexible education, i will have freedom… (STOP)

VO: SHOUTED ABOUT BACKLOGS!! BACKLOGS!!!
ME: 11 Sir, Actually I have involved in Social responsibilities, sports, and i was unable.. (INTERUPTED ME)
VO: Do you have any girl friends to feel responsible for?
ME: No sir, None.

VO: Sorry sir, you are not qualified…

I was scared actually.. my words went wrong, what i want to say is totally distracted.. i said some thing like Social responsibility. then the vo caught me.. and asked what responsibility ? do u have any girl friend to feel responsible for?
Really, i was scared about the people in the row, who were rejected in a line, and the one before me had 13 backlogs and 3 years of work experience, and he got accepted.

Really, i forgot these

EYE CONTACT,
CONFIDENCE,
FLOW OF EXPRESSION.
30th May 2011, 05:03 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Srikanth,
To apply for a student visa for united states, you must be eligible for admission to the universities/colleges recognized by US government. Your application for visa will only be accepted if your application for admission in universities/colleges of US has been accepted and have got the call letter for the same. Along with the call letter, the university is supposed to send I_20 form. This particular form is required to obtain student visa for the US.
Apart from this, being a non-native English speaker, you will have to qualify tests like TOEFL or IELTS.
After all these formalities, the final result depends upon interview to obtain visa.
The backlogs might affect the outcome of the interview but you should be honest before the visa officers. You should be confident and must have convincing power to obtain student visa. Though its not a job interview, still it must be taken seriously because one simple mistake could lead to rejection.
12th June 2011, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

How many backlogs are accepted for getting US Visa? I want it in a number
5th July 2011, 03:56 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE 16 BACK LOGS FOR GETTING USA VISA
14th July 2011, 09:28 PM
Unregistered

I am doing 12th now and I have gap of 4 years in between 10 & 12. Will I qualified for us student Visa.
2nd August 2011, 01:06 AM
Unregistered

I am doing my final year having a backlog in my 3-2(previous semester), my GRE and TOEFL scores are moderate, planning to apply by november where the backlog will be still uncleared. Will this be a problem in getting financial aid?
8th August 2011, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

hi,

i have completed my BE civil engineering with 60 percent/33 backlogs.i am yet to take the gre and ielts.what are my chances to get into usa?
19th August 2011, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

Hi,
u can go and giv it a try. but, it is not advisable to do that. coz thr r very very few chances of getting visa having 33 bls
4th September 2011, 04:30 PM
Unregistered

Hello,
I have 16 backlogs in my BE.got 1170 in GRE 92 in TOEFL.All documents well prepared and no funding issues.
The only thing I am worried about is backlogs.
What are my chances of getting F1 visa?
21st November 2011, 11:10 AM
pabitra_nayak
Senior Member+

Hello friend,

To apply for a student visa for united states, you must be eligible for admission to the universities/colleges recognized by US government. Your application for visa will only be accepted if your application for admission in universities/colleges of US has been accepted and have got the call letter for the same. Along with the call letter, the university is supposed to send I_20 form. This particular form is required to obtain student visa for the US.
Apart from this, being a non-native English speaker, you will have to qualify tests like TOEFL or IELTS.
After all these formalities, the final result depends upon interview to obtain visa.
The backlogs might affect the outcome of the interview but you should be honest before the visa officers. You should be confident and must have convincing power to obtain student visa. Though its not a job interview, still it must be taken seriously because one simple mistake could lead to rejection.

good luck
8th December 2011, 12:49 PM
Unregistered

i have 20 baklogs complted b.tech ..and i have 2yrs of work experience ..do i have a chance of getting student visa ?????
27th December 2011, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

hi
i am b.tech 3rd year student
i am looking forward to pursivw my MS in us
the problem i am thinking is my brother is staying there since 5 years as a software engineer
i am a computer science student
will i have any problem during my visa interview as my bro is staying there???
5th February 2012, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

Hi,
I am a be graduate in mech. i took 9 years to complete. what are the chances of me getting through the visa process?
4th March 2012, 02:25 AM
Unregistered

Hi,
I'll pass out as a BCS(Bachelor Of Computer Science) this June 2012. A three year course and i've taken two more extra years due to my backlogs. I'm done with my .NET diploma course. I'm looking forward for MS In Game Programming/Game Development, so what r my chances for getting the F1 Visa?
21st March 2012, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i have 28backlogs.Is their chance to get visa r not?
20th April 2012, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

i had 9 backlogs and i cleared them all..now r they called as backlogs or not....plz reply
15th May 2012, 11:41 AM
Unregistered

i have 7 backlogs.. cleared i completed my b.tech with 63 percent......is there a chance for getting visa..
17th August 2012, 03:54 AM
Unregistered

I have 22 backlogs in b.tech can i get us visa
21st September 2012, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

hi i have completed my B.tech(2011) with 64 percent/10 backlogs. And i have no experience in job i am planning to go in next august.What are the chances for visa. Can anyone help me.
21st November 2012, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

hi , im doing my btech 3rd year in electricals.i have 4 backlogs which are cleared and with an agregate of 63..is there any chance of getting visa to pursue m.s in usa
4th January 2013, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Hi....i had 2 backlogs but graduated with 67 % ....my toefl score is 96 and gre is 319 .... and i have 1 and a half years of experience at a reseacrch institute...would my visa be rejected due to the backlog ? plz revert as im very apprhensive about the same
11th June 2013, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

Hi.........this is santhosh do we actually need work experience since we are applying for student-visa??????
15th June 2013, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

hi
i have 16 backlogs completed my btech in 2012 batch passedout do i have to proceed for M.S in U.S please respond.
27th June 2013, 10:06 PM
Unregistered

hi sir, i am having 9 backlogs can i eligible for MS in usa
2nd July 2013, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

hello..im currently doin my final year mechanical ...i ve had 6 backlogs...but ryt now i ve none....cleared all....now m goin to write gre and toefl by next mnth...is der any chance for me to get into som univ in usa?
14th July 2013, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

Hi,

I am applying for MS in spring 2014, I have 12 backlogs, Toefl score 80, Gre 296/340, 1.6yrs of work experience. Is there any possibility of getting visa...?
22nd July 2013, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

hello
i have 7 backlocks with 61% and gap of 2years between 12th standard and btech is any possibility to getting visa of us
24th July 2013, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

i have 40 backlogs with aggregate of 57% in b.tech &gap in my 12th standard is any possibility of getting us visa
29th July 2013, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

Wink Re: How many backlogs are accepted for getting US Visa?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi,

i have completed my BE civil engineering with 60 percent/33 backlogs.i am yet to take the gre and ielts.what are my chances to get into usa?
yes buddy!!...i too belong to the same category,yet with full confidence i am applying for the visa with........
19th August 2013, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

i have 13 backlogs and 61.36% is there any chance to get the usa visa
9th October 2013, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

hi sir i passed out 2013 b.e ece still i having one arrear going to writ exam on nov 15 going to take gre and teofl on nov last is there possibility to get and admission after result come i had 34 backlogs if i bbacklogsif i got good score in gre a toelf which university suitable for me...
29th October 2013, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have 20 baklogs complted b.tech ..and i have 2yrs of work experience ..do i have a chance of getting student visa ?????
same here ......did u get in ?
3rd November 2013, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

i have 30 backlogs i going to take test on december gre and toefl and is it possibile to get university in usa if possible suggest me some university..
8th November 2013, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

i have 19 backlogs with aggregate of 57.17% can i get us visa
18th August 2014, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

hi any one help me,
I had 19 backlogs in my B.tech , and I got 60 . is there any chance or Problem to Get Usa Visa?
18th August 2014, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

hi any one help me,
I had 19 backlogs in my B.tech , and I got 60 . is there any chance or Problem to Get Usa Visa?
18th August 2014, 11:37 PM
iddem.anudeep

hi any one help me,
20th September 2014, 06:25 AM
Unregistered

i have 28 backlogs and 5 years B.E degree in the stream of mechanical.. and i have 6 months work experience.can i get an us visa..
15th October 2014, 01:09 PM
Unregistered

i have 4 backlog in first year but i successfully completed my b.com i cleared all of them that will effect my student visa for usa..
24th November 2014, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

sir i had 13 backlogs in B.E(computer science) and my Ielts score was 6.5 band overall .I appied for canada but i was rejected two times can i apply for usa student visa based on my ielts test
10th December 2014, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

i have 32 backlogs and now cleared in time.
can i go to us??
will i get a job after completing my MS??
9th July 2015, 04:11 AM
Unregistered

Sir i have 58 backlogs and 2 yrs drop but i wish to go for MS anyhow
Can you suggest whether should i apply for MS or not
My GRE score is 332 and TOEFL score is 98
I'm very desperate to do MS bcoz never the late i want to do something good
If not possible i'm pursuing degree from IGNOU i.e. distance education
Please help me
Kindly drop mails on my e-mail id: [email protected]
25th August 2015, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

Hi
I hav 4 backlogs in my previous 2-1 sem and i cleared it . And my percentage is 60 .now am in 3rd year of 3-1 sem .so is there any problem of getting student visa after completion of my b.tech. does these four backlogs which i have cleared could create any problem in getting an admission as wel as my student visa.
Must reply plzzz
Your one answer could help me in deciding my future.
Thank you
9th December 2015, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Hi
I am a student of 3rd btech having 3 backlogs ..Will I get admission in us universities for doing ms
.....????
27th December 2015, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

Hi. My name is hareesh.I have 56% in b.tech with 20 backlogs. I have four yeara of experience. What are the possibilies of getting admission?
What is minimum score required in ielts ?

Thank you
29th March 2016, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Hi. iam a final year student having 64% in B.E mechanical engineering with 15 backlogs. what are the possibilities of getting admission for Ms in us..........?
26th June 2016, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

Just wanted to know what is the maximum digit of backlogs allowed to be eligible for master degree in USA or to apply for visa plz guide.
10th February 2021, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

Ive completed btech with 59% and 33 backlogs is there any chance to get admit and visa for usa
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?