4th September 2011, 12:59 PM
vikasah yadav

How to prepare for Air Force Exam?

i am very much interested to get a job in air force.
how ican prepare the air force exams

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join Air Force being a candidate pursuing final year of B.Tech in Chemical Engineering?
  2. Job Opportunities in Air Force after completion of B.Sc in Electronics & Computers? How to prepare for the required Exams?
  3. How to prepare for NDA Exam from 9th Class to become an Officer in Indian Air Force? Which Books to prepare for this? Previous year Question Papers for this Exam?
  4. How can I become an Indian Air Force pilot? How should I prepare for the same?
  5. How to join Air Force after passing 12th class? What is the eligibility for Air Force?
  6. What should I do to join Air force after completion of my B.Com? What are the posts available in Air force for commerce students? What are the entrance exam I should write for that post?
  7. How should I join Air Force after BCA? Requirements to join Air Force?
  8. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Information regarding Entrance Exams for Air Force?
  10. Best Air Force college in India? Is Air Force not suitable for girls?
  11. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
  12. What are the qualifications required to join Indian Air Force?
  13. Why girls are not eligible to join Indian Air Force on 10th basis?
  14. How to become a Pilot in Indian Air Force?
  15. How may I get admission in M.S in Germany? What's the qualification and paper works required required?
  16. How to prepare for Air Force Pilot Aptitude Test? I have cleared AFCAT written exam
  17. What is the scope in Indian Air Force after BCA ?
  18. Is there any merit based selection for Army/Air Force/Navy recruitment through NDA-II entrance exam? -- [New]
8th September 2011, 07:52 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How to prepare for Air Force Exam?

There are various type of entries in the Indian Air Force and you din't even mentioned which type of entry you want to go through.The type of entry even depends upon your educational qualification since you have not even mentioned that hence I can give you the rough information about the exams conducted by UPSC to get into Air Force and exams conducted by IAF itself.

Officer posts in IAF:-IAF has split up into Flying ,technical and Ground Duties Branches.The eligibility details vary from post to post but you need to go through SSB conducted for all type of Officer entries.

Written Examination:-I have attached the syllabus of CDS examination conducted by UPSC through which you can enter into the Flying branch of Indian Air force.the examination is mainly split up into English, Elementary Mathematics and General Knowledge.Each part consist of two hours with 100 marks each.You can even refer
http://www.upsc.gov.in

The written examination is followed by the SSB. SSB is a 5 day test and I have even attached the details regarding SSB.

Airman Posts:-Written Test is split up into English, Physics & Mathematics for Group ‘X’ (Technical) trades and in English & Reasoning and General Awareness (RGA) for all Group ‘Y’ trades.If your good with the current events taking place and have enough talent to prove your worth in group discussions and other tasks then you can go through the examination.
For more details about this examination refer-Click here

You can refer books of Upkars,Unique Publication books.These books will definitely help you for the examination.
Attached Files
File Type: docx SERVICE SELECTION BOARD.docx(13.1 KB, 96 views)
File Type: docx Thematic Appreciation Test for SSB.docx(146.7 KB, 155 views)
File Type: docx Tips.docx(14.5 KB, 125 views)
File Type: docx CDS Syllabus.docx(13.8 KB, 115 views)
8th September 2011, 08:51 PM
malek basit

Subject: Preparing for Air Force Basic Training

Until recently, the Air Force has never had a reputation of being a very strenuous military service, when it came to exercise programs. In fact, following basic training and technical school, the Air Force annual fitness examination consisted of riding a stationary bike, while monitoring the heart rate. (see article about the Air Force Ergocycle Test).
Those days are gone. The Air Force chief of staff, General John P. Jumper got tired of the Air Force being known as the "wimpy service," and dramatically toughened up the Air Force physical fitness standards. In July of 2003, General Jumper announced that new, toughened physical fitness standards were going to be implemented Air Force wide, beginning in January 2011.

>> Males:

Two Mile Run - 16:45
1.5 mile Run - 11:57
Sit-Ups - 50 (in 2 minutes)
Push-Ups - 45 (in 2 minutes)

Females:

Two Mile Run - 19:45
1.5 Mile Run - 13:56
Sit-Ups - 50 (in 2 minutes)
Push-Ups - 27 (in 2 minutes)

Recruits who fail to meet the above standards can expect to be recycled for a minimum period of two weeks.

i hope u undersands..
12th October 2011, 09:44 PM
Unregistered

Which post for any cast
30th October 2011, 02:05 PM
Unregistered

what should be weight of student whose height is 5.8 feet and age is 19
8th January 2012, 05:06 AM
Unregistered

sir when will be come application form of airforce 2012
5th February 2012, 07:08 PM
Ashwinkumar Hallikar

Education qualification:-

Candidates should have passed Intermediate/ 10+2 with pass marks in Mathematics and Physics with a minimum of 50% marks in overall aggregate.

Age Limit :-

17 - 22 Years

Height :-

Minimum acceptable height : 152.5 cm

EXCEPT FOR

Auto Technician and certain Technical Trades: 165 cm

(minimum leg length for Auto Technician

and certain Technical Trades is 99 cm)

Indian Air Force (Police) : 175 cm

Indian Air Force (Security) : 172 cm

Ground Training Instructor : 167 cm

Musician : 162 cm
3rd May 2012, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

Sir my eyes are low ,am i join airforce x group
5th August 2012, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

WHAT WILL NUMBER DIVIDED IN EACH PART OF PAPER
9th July 2013, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

sIr my exam will be 20 july 2013 nd i have to prepare for selection period i want to know how to prepare for this?? Its very important for me
22nd October 2013, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

maximum weight
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?