9th January 2012, 10:07 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Karnataka CET entrance exam? I have not studied in Karnataka but my mother has residential of Karnataka

Hi,

My younger brother wants to take K-CET entrance to get into engineering course in Bangalore. But he has not studied in Karnataka. My mother was a resident of a village in Tumkur District for 21yrs and she has studied till 7th Std. Please let me know if this is enough to apply for K-CET under "GADINADU" quota??

Thanks for your attention to this!!!!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET? I was born in Karnataka but I have done my schooling(up to 12th) from AP. My mother has done her education up to college from Karnataka
  2. Am i eligible to apply for Karnataka CET if my mother studied for 15 years in Karnataka?
  3. Am I eligible for KCET exam if I studied upto 10th in Karnataka? -- [New]
  4. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET(Medical) exam? I've done my 10th from karnataka and want to do my 12th from outside karnataka
  5. What's the eligibility criteria for MBBS in Karnataka? I've completed my studies in AP
  6. Am I eligible for karnataka CET examination? I have done my 12th from karnataka and my parents belong to karnataka
  7. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET? I am pursuing 12th from Kerala? My father was born in Karnataka and studied in Karnataka
  8. Will I be eligible for CET in Karnataka under government quota?
  9. Am I eligible for CET exam in Karnataka? I've studied 10th std in Assam and studied only 1st and 2nd PU in Karnataka
  10. Eligibility to pursue Karnataka CET for a student of Haryana?
  11. Am I eligible to appear in Karnataka-CET being a domicile of Goa?
  12. Eligibility for other state students to attend the CET exam of Karnataka? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I be eligible to appear for Karnataka CET exam? I am studying in 10th standard
  14. Am I eligible to write Karnataka, CET? I studied up to 10th Standard,outside India (CBSE) and I am studying in 12th from Karnataka. My parents belong to Karnataka
  15. What is the eligibility for Karnataka CET? I am doing 12th from Mumbai and my mother is from Karnataka
  16. What's the Eligibility criteria for CET entrance exam in Karnataka? Is a candidate completed SSLC in Karnataka and her IST and II puc studying in Maharashtra but residing in Karnataka, eligible for the same?
  17. Am I eligible for Karnataka CET after completing education in Karnataka board? What are the requirements?
  18. Is a candidate who studied up to 6th std in Karnataka and currently studying 9th std in Madhya Pradesh, eligible to take Karnataka CET? Will he get his domicile of Karnataka?
25th May 2013, 08:39 PM
Ankur.Sunny

Default Re: Am I eligible for Karnataka CET entrance exam? I have not studied in Karnataka but my mother has residential of Karnataka

KCET - Karnataka Common Eligibility Test

If you will satisfy the following eligibility criteria required for KET, then you will be eligible to appear for KCET Examination.

~>> KCET Eligibility Criteria for Engineering :~

A candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Mathematics and any of the Chemistry/ Bio-Technology/ Computer Science/ Electronics/ Biology with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in optional subjects (40% for SC/ST/OBC).

Those who are appearing for PUC or class 12th exams can also apply.

~>> KCET Eligibility Criteria for Medical/ Dental :~

A candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 50% aggregate marks in PCB (40% for SC/ST/OBC).

Those who are appearing for PUC/ class 12th exams in the current academic year can also apply.

Also, a candidate should have attained the age of 17 years but not more than 25 years as on 31st December (of the year in which the candidate is going to appear for the examination) are also eligible.

~>> KCET Eligibility Criteria for Architecture :~

A candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in all subjects (45% for SC/ST/OBC).

Candidates should have also appeared in NATA and got a minimum of 40% marks in it.

Those who are appearing for PUC/ class 12th examinations in the current academic year can also apply and appear for KCET Examination.

~>> For Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Unani, Naturopathy & Yoga :~

Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology with atleast 50% aggregate marks in all these subjects taken together.

• Relaxation :- 45% aggregate marks in Physics, English, Chemistry and Biology for SC/ST/OBC category candidates.

~>> Application Forms :~

The forms for Karnataka CET will be availbale in Schools and Colleges of the Karnataka CET.
For those residing outside Karnataka, the form can be obtained by post from KEA by sending a Demand Draft along with the request for form.

• Application fee :- The application fee is Rs. 500/- for ST/SC candidates and Rs. 650/- for all other candidates.

>> Karnataka CET Notifications and Dates :~

> For any further information, you may refer to the official website : www.cet.kar.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?