26th January 2012, 11:15 AM
Unregistered

How should I prepare for SCRA exam after passing B.Tech 2nd year? Which are the best books for this exam specially for Mathematics, GK, English

I m a student of B.Tech 2nd year & i want to know how should i prepare for SCRA exam for next year & Please tell me the best books for this exam specially for Mathematics,G.K, & English & strategy of study to crack out this exam. I'll highly oblige you! THANK YOU!

16th April 2015, 05:46 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I prepare for SCRA exam after passing B.Tech 2nd year? Which are the best books for this exam specially for Mathematics, GK, English

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m a student of B.Tech 2nd year & i want to know how should i prepare for SCRA exam for next year & Please tell me the best books for this exam specially for Mathematics,G.K, & English & strategy of study to crack out this exam. I'll highly oblige you! THANK YOU!
SCRA stands for the Special Class Railway Apprentice Examination. This entrance exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility Criteria:

You must have passed 10+2 with Mathematics in first or second division or appearing for 10+2 with physics or chemistry as one of the subjects in 10+2 board exams.

The age should between 17-21 years on the 1st August of year of examination.

Reserved category candidates are applicable for relaxation in upper age limit.

Preparation Strategy:

For better preparation, first try to understand the examination pattern of SCRA exam:

Paper I: General Ability Test consisting of English, General Knowledge and Psychological Test of 2 hours duration and 200 marks.

Paper II: Physical Science consists of Physics and Chemistry of 2 hours and 200 marks.

Paper III: Mathematics of two hours and 200 marks.

So, you can see that you need to work hard on the subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

For Mathematics, practice plays a vital role. Questions are generally from 10+2 standard level. refer to R.D Sharma for better preparation.

For Physics, NCERT and HC Verma will be the best. For Chemistry NCERT, ABC publications will be good for prepration.

For General ability test, Lucent Publication book and you should read daily newspapers for current affairs. Wren and Martin will be more fruitful for English Grammar.

You need to work hard and practice previous years papers as much as possible for better confidence and knowledge.
25th February 2016, 12:15 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How should I prepare for SCRA exam after passing B.Tech 2nd year? Which are the best books for this exam specially for Mathematics, GK, English

I am 2nd year btech (civil engineering) student should I prepare for UPSC SCRA ? Is it possible to crack while doing engineering
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?