13th March 2012, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for marine engineering after completing my 12th? I am interested in marine engineering

i am going to complete my intermediate i am intrested in marine engineering can i apply to marine engineering

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for marine engineering after completing my 12th? I am interested in marine engineering
  2. After scoring 67% in 12th am I eligible to do Marine Engineering? Fee structure of this course?
  3. Am I able to do Marine Engineering after 12th with 65%?
  4. Will I be able to join marine engineering with 65% in 12th? What is the fee structure?
  5. Complete details about Marine engineering course
  6. How to apply for marine engineering course after completing 12th? I have qualified for JEE mains
  7. How to join marine engineering after completing mechanical engineering?
  8. How can I apply for M.Sc Marine Engineering if completed B.Sc general? Best university for M.Sc Marine Engineering?
  9. Marine Engineering after completing BE (CSE)
  10. How to do marine engineering if I am interested in Ships Sub marine
  11. Can I apply in Marine Engineering after having an eyesight of -1.75?
  12. Should I join marine engineering after completing graduation in mechanical engineering or directly?
  13. Marine engineering undergraduate qualification requirements
  14. How may I join marine engineering after completing mechanical engineering with 61% marks?
  15. Can I study Marine related courses after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering? -- [New]
  16. What's the duration of training period in Marine engineering? How can I apply for Marine engineering after completing B.E? I've done B.Tech(Mechanical engineering)
  17. Is it possible to get into Marine Engineering after BCS(Computer Science)? Forms to be filled to get into Marine Engineering?
  18. How to join Marine engineering course after studying 12th? How to get scholarships to attend marine engineering?
21st March 2012, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I apply for marine engineering after completing my 12th? I am interested in marine engineering

i have appeared for xii exams in feb this year thru which shipping co shall i apply kindlu answer thanks
21st March 2012, 10:11 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for marine engineering after completing my 12th? I am interested in marine engineering

You can apply for Marine engineering courses after completing 12th. Only those candidates who have opted Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects in the 12th class are eligible to apply for this course. The percentage of marks required for applying for this course is an aggregate of 60%. The selection for this course will be based on the score in the written entrance examination. You should make sure you prepare well for the entrance exam since it is highly competitive.
30th May 2012, 12:54 AM
denwer

DEAR FRIEND!!!

hi..
Marine engineering is one of the most demanded and challenging branch of the globe. It is also a well known fact that marine engineers are the highest paid engineers. To join such courses you have to be adventurous and courageous.

The various requirements to join marine engineering courses are:-

Education qualification:- 10+2 or equivalent with physics or maths. (Minimum marks in PCM in class 12th must be 60% and in english it must be 50%).

Physical standards:- You must be physically fit in all respect. The minimum acceptable eye sight for standard vision is +2.5 or -2.5(must not exceed it.). You must not be colour blind and free from any type of eye diseases.
(THE PHYSICAL STANDARDS ARE ACCORDING TO THE NORMS OF D.G.SHIPPING. YOU HAVE TO PRODUCE A PHYSICAL FITNESS CERTIFICATE FROM A RECOGNIZED D.G.SHIPPING DOCTOR AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION.)

The various reputed institutes along with their admission procedures are listed below:-

1. MARINE ENGINEERING AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE (MERI), TARATALA, KOLKATA.

2. MARINE ENGINEERING AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE, MUMBAI.

3. LAL BAHUDAR SHASHTRI COLLEGE OF ADVANCED MARITIME STUDIES AND RESEARCH, MUMBAI.

4. NATIONAL MARITIME ACADEMY, CHENNAI.

5. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF PORT MANAGEMENT, KOLKATA.

Admission procedure:- Admission to all these colleges are through IIT-JEE or examination conducted by IMU,chennai.

6. COCHIN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (K.M. SCHOOL OF MARINE ENGINEERING), KOCHI.

Admission procedure:- Through the entrance exam conducted by the university namely CUSAT-CAT.

Fee structure:- Marine engineering course is a little costly. It may cost you Rs 2,21,000/- to Rs. 2,50,000/- (including all) per year. However the fee structure may vary depending upon the college you opt for.

Thank you and all the best!!!
30th May 2012, 12:56 AM
denwer

Smile Re: Can I apply for marine engineering after completing my 12th? I am interested in marine engineering

DEAR FRIEND!!!

hi..
Marine engineering is one of the most demanded and challenging branch of the globe. It is also a well known fact that marine engineers are the highest paid engineers. To join such courses you have to be adventurous and courageous.

The various requirements to join marine engineering courses are:-

Education qualification:- 10+2 or equivalent with physics or maths. (Minimum marks in PCM in class 12th must be 60% and in english it must be 50%).

Physical standards:- You must be physically fit in all respect. The minimum acceptable eye sight for standard vision is +2.5 or -2.5(must not exceed it.). You must not be colour blind and free from any type of eye diseases.
(THE PHYSICAL STANDARDS ARE ACCORDING TO THE NORMS OF D.G.SHIPPING. YOU HAVE TO PRODUCE A PHYSICAL FITNESS CERTIFICATE FROM A RECOGNIZED D.G.SHIPPING DOCTOR AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION.)

The various reputed institutes along with their admission procedures are listed below:-

1. MARINE ENGINEERING AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE (MERI), TARATALA, KOLKATA.

2. MARINE ENGINEERING AND RESEARCH INSTITUTE, MUMBAI.

3. LAL BAHUDAR SHASHTRI COLLEGE OF ADVANCED MARITIME STUDIES AND RESEARCH, MUMBAI.

4. NATIONAL MARITIME ACADEMY, CHENNAI.

5. INDIAN INSTITUTE OF PORT MANAGEMENT, KOLKATA.

Admission procedure:- Admission to all these colleges are through IIT-JEE or examination conducted by IMU,chennai.

6. COCHIN UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY (K.M. SCHOOL OF MARINE ENGINEERING), KOCHI.

Admission procedure:- Through the entrance exam conducted by the university namely CUSAT-CAT.

Fee structure:- Marine engineering course is a little costly. It may cost you Rs 2,21,000/- to Rs. 2,50,000/- (including all) per year. However the fee structure may vary depending upon the college you opt for.

Thank you and all the best!!!
10th June 2012, 10:43 AM
Unregistered

sir i have not qualified iit but i m greatly interested in marine engineering...........
n i have given mhtcet exam
can i get admission through mhtcet
sir plz plz help me n reply soon
18th September 2012, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

sir how marks is needed in 10th standard? i want to become a marine engineering.
28th March 2013, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Iam was finish my 2 exam in 2013.
I want to become a marine engineering.
Next step what can I do...
8th May 2013, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

Sir I got less perceantage in 2nd puc exam
Can I apply for marine engineering ,Iam very much interested in this field...
What will be yearly expenditure for this course,,,,
31st May 2013, 07:46 PM
Unregistered

I'v didn't apply for any entrance for Marine Engineering. Just I have is JEE(Mains) and MH-CET. What should I do to get admission for the same???
7th October 2013, 09:01 PM
swasel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am going to complete my intermediate i am intrested in marine engineering can i apply to marine engineering
yes you can apply after completing your 12th std.please check that you dont had any spinal cord problem or fractures.if you had any of these things please dont attend the interview.if you were selected and you finished your marine engineering also you will be disqualified or unfit when you go for sailing.
13th November 2013, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

I am able to marine engineering after 12th with 49% ?
11th January 2015, 09:52 AM
Unregistered

thank you for help me
24th December 2015, 04:25 AM
Unregistered

Hi I am Shiva and i am from West Bengal .I have just completed my class 12 and now i am preparing for my ISC board examinations.I aspire to join the merchant navy but i have little information regarding it.Can anybody please guide me on how to join merchant navy.Thank you.Your response will be greatly valued.
17th August 2016, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

How to join marine engineering after 2nd pu without qualifying for the competitive exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?